Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Like Tree1Likes

Alternative Router/Modem

This is a discussion on Alternative Router/Modem within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Personally I don't see any solution where the Sky Hub has to remain part of the network as satisfactory and ...

stereohaven is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Brookwood
      Broadband ISP: Plusnet Fibre
      Router: Asus RT-AC56U
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD 2TB Box
      Thanks

Re: Alternative Router/Modem

Personally I don't see any solution where the Sky Hub has to remain part of the network as satisfactory and would prefer to remove it completely.

If it was me I would obtain the username and password from the Hub using Wireshark and then invest in a high quality router such as the new Billion BiPAC 7800DXL which works perfectly with Sky Fibre (according to the Billion UK forum), and removes the need for the Sky Hub entirely.

Well that's what I'm doing anyway!
      Scubbie likes this.

2. Advertisement
      tonysmith86 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

I agree but I cant be doing with the hassle. I am finding a 3g dongle provides less bothers. My only issue is this VPN problem. If I could get around that then I would happily continue to use the SR101. Im concerned I buy a router and still have issues with the sky hub as a modem...... has anyone has VPN issues and this has resolved these?

thomasboleyn is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by stereohaven View Post
      Personally I don't see any solution where the Sky Hub has to remain part of the network as satisfactory and would prefer to remove it completely.

If it was me I would obtain the username and password from the Hub using Wireshark and then invest in a high quality router such as the new Billion BiPAC 7800DXL which works perfectly with Sky Fibre (according to the Billion UK forum), and removes the need for the Sky Hub entirely.

Well that's what I'm doing anyway!
      Sorry to resurrect this old thread, but did you ever go through with this and buy the 7800dxl? If so have you managed to get it working without the need for the Sky hub at all? Cheers.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12