Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Ukonline Cease line date

This is a discussion on Ukonline Cease line date within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Hi Just to let all Ukonline customers switching to SkyBB, i have been waiting now for 18 days for a ...

stevieveg is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: WMLON
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Ukonline Cease line date

Hi Just to let all Ukonline customers switching to SkyBB, i have been waiting now for 18 days for a cease line date, fed up of being told by Ukonline its a BT issue. Rang BT Wholesale today(08001699576) and they told me that no order had been placed to have my line ceased(tagged). The chap from BT stated that i should have been given a date by now and that i should contact Ukonline and state that i had contacted BT Wholesale and no order had been placed. Rang Ukonline told them that i had contacted BT Wholesale with this issue, with no exuses this time the advisor from Ukonline tells me to hold while he contacts a engineer, low and behold 1 minute later they've given me a cease date 26th october. Dont know if this because of the BT Wholesale thing, hope this helps. Will keep you posted if i my line is ceased on the mentioned date.
      p.s Ukonline free phone number 08000532000 and ask for the swap over team.
      Last edited by stevieveg; 19-10-06 at 01:43 PM.

2. Advertisement
      Zipie is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by stevieveg View Post
      Hi Just to let all Ukonline customers switching to SkyBB, i have been waiting now for 18 days for a cease line date, fed up of being told by Ukonline its a BT issue. Rang BT Wholesale today(08001699576) and they told me that no order had been placed to have my line ceased(tagged). The chap from BT stated that i should have been given a date by now and that i should contact Ukonline and state that i had contacted BT Wholesale and no order had been placed. Rang Ukonline told them that i had contacted BT Wholesale with this issue, with no exuses this time the advisor from Ukonline tells me to hold while he contacts a engineer, low and behold 1 minute later they've given me a cease date 26th october. Dont know if this because of the BT Wholesale thing, hope this helps. Will keep you posted if i my line is ceased on the mentioned date.
      p.s Ukonline free phone number 08000532000 and ask for the swap over team.

I'm in the same boat as you mate, the told me it can take up to 5 weeks for them to remove the LLU. How long before the cease date did they cut you off?

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Ukonline Cease line date

Thanks for that Zipie, i informed Ukonline on October the 3rd that i was moving over to SkyBB and was cut off the day they gave me my cease date 19th of October, having to do the rounds on all my Families computers to get on the net. Dont realise how much you miss it. Keep you posted how i get on, i keep contacting Bt Wholesale everyday to see if my line is free but know joy as yet but a order has been placed for the 26th of October so fingers crossed.

Exchange:
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by stevieveg View Post
      Thanks for that Zipie, i informed Ukonline on October the 3rd that i was moving over to SkyBB and was cut off the day they gave me my cease date 19th of October, having to do the rounds on all my Families computers to get on the net. Dont realise how much you miss it. Keep you posted how i get on, i keep contacting Bt Wholesale everyday to see if my line is free but know joy as yet but a order has been placed for the 26th of October so fingers crossed.
      Not a problem... well i still dont have a cease date from them but i only stoped my UKonline on the 16th. I did however phone back the next day to tell them i will pay an extra month to keep my broadband on untill the take the LLU off. A week on and i'm still online... Will rinf them back on wednesday to get my cease date. Good luck to you man

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Ukonline Cease line date

Cheers Zippie just mention i was paid upto th 6th of november but still had my line cancelled (could not login), Ukonline told me now a cease date has been issued my Ukonline account has been cancelled.

Julian is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      I'm really sorry (but not too surprised) to hear about the problems here. I am also with UK Online and have pretty much decided that I'm just not going to change over until the LLU MAC code system is finally launched and ISPs are forced to use it (which I understand will come eventually, but that the wait has been a long one so far and so who knows when this will finally become reality).

Anyway, I just got re-emailed by Sky with another BAND code (well, it might be the same as the original one they gave me, I haven't checked). One thing in the email that I thought was interesting was the following:

Already got Broadband?

If you already have broadband with another Internet Service Provider, you can still switch to Sky Broadband. All you need to do is contact your supplier and ask them about the best way to get switched over. If they give you a 'MAC code', then quote it when you order Sky Broadband and this will enable us to switch your service over.

What I thought was interesting (and I assume misleading) was the last sentence, "If they give you a MAC code....".

I lost interest after hearing from this forum that a UK Online MAC code couldn't be used for a Sky switchover but, before I learned this, I did contact UK Online asking for a MAC code and, although I never got one, I was given every indication that I would. I was told by UK Online customer services that a support ticket would be logged and that some special department (I forget the name, "Turnover" dept of something like that) would call me back with my MAC code. They never called back and I didn't chase it for the reasons mentioned above re the MAC code being useless anyway but, if UK Online are to be believed, then I could have got a MAC code from them.

So, the Sky statement I quoted above would seem to be inacurate, or at least misleading, in that I could have given them a UK Online MAC code but this wouldn't really be any help in a "switchover" but rather they would still do a complete disconnect and resupply. Or, just by some miracle (and incredible wishful thinking on my part), could this mean that they do now accept LLU MAC codes. I know this is possible because I read here that Zen will accept LLU MAC codes as part of the trial program that is being run at the moment.

As one final point of info on this, when I rang Sky to try to take up the offer from my first BAND-code email, I told them I was in the process of getting a MAC code from UK Online and the services rep looked it up on a list and said no, UK Online are a company who won't give you a MAC code. Well, according to UK Online they will. I'm almost tempted to push UK Online to actually get a MAC code from them, quote it to Sky, and see what happens. The trouble is that I'm sufficiently pesimistic about the outcome that I'm not sure I can be bothered.

- Julian

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Ukonline Cease line date

Thanks Julian
      Well infact i did recieve a MAC code from Ukonline but when i phoned Sky BB up to change over they told me that no MAC code was needed just a cease of the line, so dont bother looking or wasting your time into getting a MAC code. Hope this helps

Exchange:
      Thanks
      They told me the same thing... you dont need a mac code just cease the line what will take up to 5 weeks. Anyway , I phoned today and got my cease date set for the 31st so fingers crossed it will go to plan. How's things going your side with ukonline...??

Julian is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Sigh! Thanks Stevieveg & Zipie for the clarification/confirmation of what I feared. There are obviously no exciting new developments regarding UK Online migrations and cease and re-connect seems to be the only option still.

I just don't think I can afford to be offline for too long so, reluctantly, I'm going to sit this one out for a while and watch other UK Online users' posts with great interest regarding how long you are cut off for. I'm also getting a builder round in January and one of the things to be done will be to drill a hole in a wall so I can put my ADSL modem next to my master socket and feed the network cable through to my PC in my study so I might as well wait until I get that sorted out before changing anything since I think that will have a big impact on my noise margins.

- Julian