Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Like Tree1Likes

Help! My New Vodafone Sure Signal 2 will not work with my Sky Hub SR101 Router

This is a discussion on Help! My New Vodafone Sure Signal 2 will not work with my Sky Hub SR101 Router within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Arghhh!!! Please can anyone help me. I can get the SS device to connect to the router (plugged in) but ...

Bobbybeats24 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Help! My New Vodafone Sure Signal 2 will not work with my Sky Hub SR101 Router

Arghhh!!!

Please can anyone help me. I can get the SS device to connect to the router (plugged in) but it seemingly does no them have the ability to "get out" from the router.

Someone in Vodafone tech support said that I had to open some ports, but Im not tehcnical and have no idea about which ports to open, I have seen how to do this on this website but I really need some help!!

Vodaa tech support ahve just said:
      Sure signal hasn't made connection to Vodafone at all. No data has passed through the device. Sky are the ones who will need to tell you the ports as they are all different for each router.

Please help!
      many thanks!!!
      Last edited by Bobbybeats24; 19-04-13 at 05:16 PM. Reason: more data to add

2. Advertisement
      Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

Re: Help! My New Vodafone Sure Signal 2 will not work with my Sky Hub SR101 Router

I would suggest you put the IP address of the SS in the DMZ of the router that negates any need for opening ports. I assume you have given it a fixed IP address?

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Bobbybeats24 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Thanks

Re: Help! My New Vodafone Sure Signal 2 will not work with my Sky Hub SR101 Router

Can you explain how I go about doing this pldase!?

Scubbie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: 02392
      Router: Sky Q Hub ER110
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,194 Times in 2,064 Posts

Firstly you will need to set up a fixed IP Address for the Sure signal. Please read this article to help you with that:

IP Address Reservation

I would suggest using an IP Address such as 192.168.0.240 for the Sure signal. This will most likely be different to what it is at the moment, but it will place it in an area that should not conflict with anything else in the future. Once this has been changed, you will need to power off the sure Signal, then reboot the Sky Hub SR101. Once the Sky Hub SR101 has restarted, you can power up the Sure Signal.

Next you will need to navigate to:

http://192.168.0.1/sky_wan_setup.html

Tick the box beside 'Default DMZ Server' and change the IP Address to the same one which you just set the Sure signal to.

Before you do all this though, I note that you are not posting from your home network. We have found in the past that Vodafone's Sure Signal needs to work from a recognised UK IP Address. Sky has had to add some more new IP Addresses which were previously used elsewhere. If you could post when you get home from your Sky Broadband connection, the moderators can see what your IP Address is and can check to see if it is one of these new ones.

If this is the case then a phone call will be needed to Vodafone to get them to update their systems once more.

Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro: Connected at 80,000 kbps / 20,000 kbps
      Previous ADSL2+ Speed 19999 kbps 1153 kbps, Line Attenuation 17.5 db 6.9 db, Noise Margin 7.5 dB 8.7 dB
      Speedtest: 17.15MB/s 0.97Mb/s Ping 31 ms

Thanks

Assuming that you have the SR101, type http://192.168.0.1 in the bowser address bar, enter the username admin and password sky. Click the Advanced tab in the address bar and select LAN IP setup. Under Address reservations, click Add. Check the radio button opposite your SS and give it a name, if its name is not shown. Click Apply and make a note of the address you have reserved.

Now click the WAN setup link on the menu and tick the box next to DMZ Server, type in the address you reserved. Click Apply. If the device does not function, click the Maintenance tab, then the Diagnostics tab. Scroll to the bottom and click the Reboot button.

Too slow for Scubbie.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Scubbie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: 02392
      Router: Sky Q Hub ER110
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,194 Times in 2,064 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Isitme View Post
      Too slow for Scubbie.
      Sorry Tom, I cheated. I had an afternoon cap and knew where the guides were.

Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro: Connected at 80,000 kbps / 20,000 kbps
      Previous ADSL2+ Speed 19999 kbps 1153 kbps, Line Attenuation 17.5 db 6.9 db, Noise Margin 7.5 dB 8.7 dB
      Speedtest: 17.15MB/s 0.97Mb/s Ping 31 ms

Thanks

No it was my arthritic finger that was too slow on the mouse, you beat me by seconds.
      Scubbie likes this.

TomD

Useful Utilites

James_Mitchell is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: LCEAR
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited Max
      Router: Sky Q Hub
      Thanks

I doubt it's anything to do with port forwarding, which you don't have to do if you have UPnP enabled on the router.

The biggest cause of issues with VF SS boxes and Sky is your Sky IP addy not being white listed at Vodafone's end.

dragon2611 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: AAISP + Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: N/A
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by James_Mitchell View Post
      I doubt it's anything to do with port forwarding, which you don't have to do if you have UPnP enabled on the router.

The biggest cause of issues with VF SS boxes and Sky is your Sky IP addy not being white listed at Vodafone's end.
      Coupled with advisers at vodafone who either don't know about this requirement or prefer to blame customer kit?
      Probably don't have a script for "is the IP in our whitelist?"

Lee_Vodafone is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Thanks

Hi Bobbybeats24,

Thanks for making me aware of this.

In the event that you require any further help I'd recommend following the relevant troubleshooting guides which you can access via our eForum here.

Kind regards,

Lee

Web Relations Team

Vodafone UK

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast