Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

2 weeks and counting

This is a discussion on 2 weeks and counting within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Just an update My sister was given a date of the 4th Oct to be connected to SKY 4th came ...

lrostoke is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Newcastle WMNEW
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

2 weeks and counting

Just an update

My sister was given a date of the 4th Oct to be connected to SKY

4th came AOL stopped working ADSL light went off on her modem, she plugs in SKY router...no ADSL light, no connection

She's been on and off the phone to SKY pretty much most days since, initially kept getting told we will do line tests wait 48hrs, mixed in with this was sorry no record of your fault..

Then it was BT's fault

BT's order tracker shows LLU provide on the 4th and an IPstream cease a few days later..both complete ??

BT say no problems when she rings them..

SKY now blaming a card at the exchange ??

yesterday about 4pm they said it will be on tonight between 9pm and 10pm ...go on have a guess

nope not working still

it may be BT's fault but a straight honest answer wouldn't hurt

2. Advertisement
      NewsreadeR is offline Site Founder
      Exchange: Marshalls Cross
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Blog Entries
      it may be BT's fault but a straight honest answer wouldn't hurt
      Yep, if they just said "Its our cockup, this is what is going to happen, it will be x days before it is sorted" then people although annoyed would accept.

There would appear to be a massive comms problem at the moment internally.

~ Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience ~

Follow us on Twitter @skyuser

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Well 17th like mentioned said should be working between 9pm and 10pm

20th now and the latest is Sisters got in from work message on her answer phone from SKY we've now done all we can you will have to log a fault with BT

rings BT, sorry can't find any fault, you will have to speak to your ISP provider

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Just have to wait...yep thats the latest quote she got from SKY (3 weeks now)

mombasa is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Uxbridge
      Broadband ISP: Base
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Sounds very similar to my problems. Complete muppets.

I've given up and switching to BT Broadband. Wish I'd never left Demon.

Psycho is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: EMGDDLI
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      That sounds very much like my problem See Here

How many exchanges can have faulty cards??

I smell a rat

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Well tonight she's spoke to a complaints dept or some such !!!

Not sure exactly what they bribed her with, but its something like 3 months free and a months free on her SKY tv ??

Still no fix for the broadband though and still no date or any clue when ??

anduin is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Newcastle under Lyme
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: 2 weeks and counting

This is my first post on these forums, sorry to drag up an old thread, and sorry to hijack it too

but...

I am on WMNEW exchange ( newcastle under lyme ) as well..

My activation date for the mid package was 13th July 2007

I took the day off work to have myself a good old play with ADSL... guess what happened> ok dont, i'll tell you instead

No connection..

Called them at 5:15pm on 13th to say the connection wasnt live yet, and asked when - bloke advised its in the queue and WILL work later that evening.

Called back on 14th to say connection wasnt live, was told in a very rude manner that the activation date is actually 3 days after the activation date ( go figure ) and not to call back until 16th

Called back on 16th to say connection still wasnt live, was told that a major outage was happening at the exchange since 15th and its being looked at.

at this point i walk down the road to my sisters house, her basic adsl package from sky was working just hunky dorey......

Called back again on 17th to say the outage seems to be resolved and i dont have a connection still... where i was told the outage was actually a bad description of the fault, and it was actually a card for new customers in the exchange that was faulty.

Called back on 18th to ask for an update, still a faulty card apparently, was told that these problems are usually fixed within 3 days, they said it would be working 'anytime soon'

Called back on 19th, still a faulty card and no estimated date of resolution - "obviously mr anduin its a more serious problem than we expected" - eventually after many many departments i got through to a scottish woman who actually sounded interested in finding the problem, but alas came out with the 'faulty card' story again.

Which brings us to today, still no connection, still apparently a faulty card, and still no date for resolution....

What gets my goat is that i KNOW ( ok i dont know .. but i highly suspect ) that i have not actually been enabled properly, and i am just waiting for someone to go flick the switch lol.

I am now on day 7 of the '8 day peace of mind' no contract trial time, and in all honesty i think i would be best to put the disconnect request in.. I live quite a distance from the exchange and currently have the 20mb package from virgin, my plan was to have a little bit of both and be all super duper whooshy... but as i am so far from the exchange i obviously wont want to pay more for an adsl connection if it only sync's at 500kb.

So i asked two differnt people at sky, ( today and last night ) wether we can come to an arrangement whereas my 8 days peace of mind starts from when i am actually connected - NOT from the activation date on the letter / their computer which is the 13th.... Alas it seems that i am asking for the moon and under no circumstances ( even though i have not had any chance of connecting with sky and ;testing; the speeds ) would they consider anything like this, they say unless i cancel tomorrow ( 21st July ) before midnight i will be contracted in no matter what...

I know this post is going on a lot but i just had to let off a little steam before i call them again to ask for any more 'updates', i just cant understand how sky will not extend the 'try before you buy' time to avoid what i see as no option but to disconnect, wait 30 odd days for bt to clear the adsl status tag on the line, and re-apply for sky BB - costing me 45 days or so before i can possibly see another faulty card.

I have gone so far as to practically beg for somebody in authority to make a decision and extend the 8 days, it would seem however that there is no choice - unless anybody here has an email or phone number or contact detail of somebody who *could* make that kind of decision.

/end rant

thanks for any advice anyone can offer.

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Just an update,

Still not connected, activation date was 14 days ago now and still not a slither of adsl coming down my line..

17th July there was a faulty card...

21st July new information offered by tier 1 support -- you are on a faulty card

23rd July Faulty card is now an apparent known issue and will be resolved within 5 working days by bt ( this apparently came from a tier 3 advisor )

27th July and i call back for a status update from tier 3, had to spend an hour on the phone with a muppet in tier 1 who couldn't transfer my call, his reasoning eventually was that ''there is a 6 minute queue on tier 3 and its too long'' ... at this point i demanded to speak to his supervisor -

'Steve' came on the phone who claimed to be 'THE' manager of tech support, i did question him directly as to wether he was THE only manager, and apparently he is - lmao.

'Steve' was about as much use as a chocolate fireguard, after a while of getting absolutely nowhere i asked to speak to broadband disconnections ( knowing full well i would get through to scotland and be able to have a half decent conversation )

So i gets through to scotland and repeated my request about some form of update from tier 3, chap says an update was posted to my account on the 25th .. guess what it was,..

BT notified of the faulty card, 5 working days (again) as of 25th.

Advisor in scotland offered to monitor the account and call me back on monday - i wont bother to hold my breath.

Question being .. Surely there is an easier way of getting some sensible answers from Sky relating to when my internet really WILL work, ringing a number to go globetrekking for information cant be the only option?

surely ?

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

ooh..

`10am on sunday 29th july i get a call saying my connection will be working at 7pm on 30th

I didnt bother to ask how they can be so specific lol...

/me waits with baited breath

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast