Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Like Tree4Likes

Does Sky inform you if DLM has ben activated since first installation?

This is a discussion on Does Sky inform you if DLM has ben activated since first installation? within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Apologies for highjacking this thread but I'm having a similar problem. I've been with Sky for over a year and ...

BenRyder is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Re: Does Sky inform you if DLM has ben activated since first installation?

Apologies for highjacking this thread but I'm having a similar problem. I've been with Sky for over a year and I suspect DLM has been reactivated on my line. I'm getting constant reconnections in the early hours of the morning and my connection speed is fluctuating. Also I appear to be connected with PPPoA. Previously I have connected with MER. I have a Sagem 2504n router with 6.14.6a4n_UNI firmware. Logging into MySky it says the following: Testing on your broadband connection began on 17/12/2012 and will be completed within 10 days.
      Any suggestions what I can do? (apologies for lack of line breaks. The forum doesn't appear to work with my Surface RT that well). Ben.

2. Advertisement
      gymno Guest
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:

The switch from mer to PPPoA will have caused 1 resync & the router update to the new 6.14.6a4n_UNI firmware will have caused another.

If DLM is running, the resyncs will continue, usually for approx 7 days & the mysky page should update to reflect that (it's normally 3 days behind what's actually happening).

Having said that, for some reason the mysky page doesn't always update.
      DLM recently ran on my line but it's still showing september 2012 for me.

As long as the speeds aren't fluctuating wildly, there's nothing to worry about.
      The new firmware is good, PPPoA has been slightly better than mer for me & DLM is a lot better than it used to be.
      If it is active on your line, you're likely to end up with more speed than before.

mouseySWPTH is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: porth
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2304n
      Thanks

Sorry to jump on this thread But I am having the exact same thing here. At 2AM for the past week a re-sync is occurring with a gradual speed increase. I have been stuck on 19997kbps for about 2 years prior to this.

Not a lot of SNR left now to go much further before disconnections start occurring I'm sure, strange thing is though this extra sync is making no difference to throughput as still all major speed test servers are showing 16mb throughput.

Manufacturer
      Sagemcom

Model Number
      F@ST2304

Firmware Version
      5.23.1a4N

ADSL Firmware Version
      A2pD030n.d23b

Line stats at present:

System Up Time: 768:38:13

ADSL Link

Connection Speed
      Downstream Upstream
      23068 kbps 1240 kbps

Line Attenuation
      19.5 dB 11.7 dB

Noise Margin
      3.4 dB 9.0 dB

Does anyone think DLM is maybe active or is this symptoms of a possible fault of some sort, 3.4 noise margin is getting close to the line.
      Last edited by mouseySWPTH; 28-07-13 at 05:50 AM.

Thanks

Have also just noticed my network type has swapped back to PPPoA but It used to be MER, not sure if this has anything to do with the sync speeds going up. I have checked the sky website and DLM finished in 2011.

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

At 2AM for the past week a re-sync is occurring with a gradual speed increase.
      That is DLM training at work. It can now set noise margins of 3db, which it has done with yours. If your line stays stable at this it will stick there, if it has issues it will drop back to 6db witha 1 or 2 Mb decrease in speed.

Sky appear to be switching many of their connections back to PPPoA, whether this is down to the new DLM, no one really knows.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

gymno Guest
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:

My switch from mer to pppoa coincided with sky fibre becoming available to me just a week or two later.

From memory, i think the same thing has happened for a few other people too.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gymno View Post
      My switch from mer to pppoa coincided with sky fibre becoming available to me just a week or two later.

From memory, i think the same thing has happened for a few other people too.
      I like the sound of this post, bring on the fibre

My Exchange shows a December date, but fingers crossed for some FTTC sooner maybe.

gymno Guest
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:

Hi mouseySWPTH
      I just did a few forum searches, looking for confirmation & specific dates etc but unfortunately drew a blank.

What i do know for sure is that straight after i first switched to PPPoA, sky fibre was all of a sudden showing as available (using the broadband availability checker at sky.com) when it hadn't been beforehand, despite bt infinity being available for almost a year at that point.

News about the switch all kicked off here:
      Sky Connections Changing from MER to PPPoA

edit
      Just found what i was looking for:
      Sky Connections Changing from MER to PPPoA
      Please note that shortly after the 'not available / available / not available' palaver, sky fibre was & is definitely available to me & can be ordered via sky.com.
      Last edited by gymno; 28-07-13 at 09:39 PM.

Scubbie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: 02392
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Q Hub ER110
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,194 Times in 2,064 Posts

As Sky's broadband team never disclose any information it should be pointed out that this is just 'pattern spotting' and not based upon fact.

It could well be that someone has changed the firmware so that they are getting ready to allow ex-O2 subscribers the ability to use their own routers.

Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro: Connected at 80,000 kbps / 20,000 kbps
      Previous ADSL2+ Speed 19999 kbps 1153 kbps, Line Attenuation 17.5 db 6.9 db, Noise Margin 7.5 dB 8.7 dB
      Speedtest: 17.15MB/s 0.97Mb/s Ping 31 ms

gymno Guest
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:

Erm, indeed.

I don't believe it was ever confirmed that sky's switching of lines from mer to PPPoA had anything to do with fibre equipment being installed in exchanges.

It merely seemed that way, based on pattern recognition.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast