Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

sky yahoo

This is a discussion on sky yahoo within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Since the change for google to yahoo I have had nothing but trouble from trying to download 6400 email to ...

mal_row is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Ashton-in-Makerfield
      Broadband ISP: Sky Mid/Everyday
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

sky yahoo

Since the change for google to yahoo I have had nothing but trouble from trying to download 6400 email to thunderbird to now getting no email other than thunderbird and yes I did contact sky, no joy, nothing more than I expected. Any help would be welcome

2. Advertisement
      Scubbie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: 02392
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Q Hub ER110
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,194 Times in 2,064 Posts

Re: sky yahoo

Sadly this has affected a large number of people across all the forums.

Sky are aware of the issue and are unable to do anything about it. They are aware of the cause but cannot remove previously deleted emails.

Suggestions on the forum include setting up folders and rules in your client to move groups of emails into the folders. This can also include moving or deleting all messages over a specific age.

Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro: Connected at 80,000 kbps / 20,000 kbps
      Previous ADSL2+ Speed 19999 kbps 1153 kbps, Line Attenuation 17.5 db 6.9 db, Noise Margin 7.5 dB 8.7 dB
      Speedtest: 17.15MB/s 0.97Mb/s Ping 31 ms

jakewc2 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Covent Garden
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: D-Link DSL-2640S
      Thanks

Re: sky yahoo

I had a problem with e-mails since Wednesday as well, one being a command error where the 'RETR command didnt work' after about 700 e-mails came into my inbox all of a sudden, from way back in 2006, when I joined. This error was blocking Thunderbird from picking up e-mails, contacted sky, who couldnt proces what an RETR command was, and kept on telling me that everything would be fixed by Thursday. I found out a few days later, that this error was about a corrupted or extremely large e-mail which was blocking Thunderbird from picking up the e-mails......so went back to sky webmail, deleted the last 700 e-mails and the e-mails started to download to my inbox......left sky googlemail with almost 36,000 e-mails, arrived into yahoo with almost 97,000, seems if you delete your e-mails off the server, they are still kept. So I now have every single e-mail I sent from day I joined back in my inbox......to about 17 hours to download......problem now is, this was on my macbook pro.....I have a windows 7 computer and a linux computer running two versions of Ubuntu all with my sky account running in Thunderbird on each, and there is no way I can use them, because it will happen each time I try to collect my e-mails.....believe me I have tried and to stop......I dont have 3 days to spare making sure its downloading....

Scubbie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: 02392
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Q Hub ER110
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,194 Times in 2,064 Posts
      Do remember that once the messages have downloaded to one computer that they won't download to that computer again.

If you have left them on the server then the other computer will do the same.

Sent from my Galaxy SII using Forum Runner

Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro: Connected at 80,000 kbps / 20,000 kbps
      Previous ADSL2+ Speed 19999 kbps 1153 kbps, Line Attenuation 17.5 db 6.9 db, Noise Margin 7.5 dB 8.7 dB
      Speedtest: 17.15MB/s 0.97Mb/s Ping 31 ms