Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Any Ideas??

This is a discussion on Any Ideas?? within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; My whole sign up was painless and even got router on time but I was not activated on 7th Sept. ...

Beephe is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: NEDL Darlington
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Any Ideas??

My whole sign up was painless and even got router on time but I was not activated on 7th Sept. Whole thing was cancelled on 8th and i have had to wait 30days for line to "fall' of their system.

I did this and on the 11th October signed back up. OK so far, paid activation fee and then - ?? No letter of confirmation, no date of activation.

Today I ring and am told 1. My mac code is wrong / out of date. BT turned it down. I query which 'Mac code', he gives number which turns out to be the one from September. I confirm the new mac code number I give them last week and he states he will re-submitt.

2. I then become suspicious and call again, to further discover no new or original order went through because they cant get it to come off there system.

Why didn't some tell me??
      If point 2 is correct what was all that about in point 1??

The CS person unable to confirm when or how he will be able to proceed this so I'm left in limbo. They seemed to think that because I still have ISP then at least I have some sought of service, albeit not theirs.

I took lead of some other guys on sent a e-mail to Mr Murdoch for what good it'll do.

Anyone else got any ideas how I can get any progress this matter or should I just give up?

Andrew
      i
      Mac 20"
      G5 2.16Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo
      OSX 10.4.9

2. Advertisement
      Beephe is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: NEDL Darlington
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

My situation as now been upgraded to the 'Service Recovery Team'. They have acknowledged that their software is at fault and it won't cancel my original activation. They are working on the problem and will get back to me as soon as possible.

My e-mail to J.Murdoch did get a faster response than normal, but only in that I got the above response.

Andrew
      i
      Mac 20"
      G5 2.16Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo
      OSX 10.4.9

Murph is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Reading - Central
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      From what I've experienced I wouldn't expect the service recovery team to do anything to speed things up. Or for that matter contact you when they say they will.