Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

VPN settings on Sagemcom F@ST2304

This is a discussion on VPN settings on Sagemcom F@ST2304 within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Hi I searched the forum but couldn't really make sense of the posts on VPN's, I signed up to a ...

dragon18007 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

VPN settings on Sagemcom F@ST2304

Hi

I searched the forum but couldn't really make sense of the posts on VPN's, I signed up to a VPN service and you use the client on your pc for your internet traffic to go through that server but if I use my PS3 or Xbox it will just be normal.

Is there settings I can change in the router menu so I can have all my internet traffic going through the VPN and not just when I use the PC client? I sent the privateinternetaccess.com an email asking and this is what I got back -

"Thanks for contacting support. Does your router have the ability to maintain a commercial VPN connection? If so, you might be able to adapt one of our L2TP or PPTP guides for another device. However, if not, you'd want to investigate to see if your router can handle a Big or Standard build of DD-WRT, or a build of Tomato or pfSense. If you can flash one of these firmwares onto your router and we'd provide you settings to connect it to the VPN. Then, any device connected to the router will have it's traffic encrypted securely."

Any info would be great.

Thanks

2. Advertisement
      Scubbie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: 02392
      Router: Sky Q Hub ER110
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,194 Times in 2,064 Posts

Re: VPN settings on Sagemcom F@ST2304

Sadly none of the Sky routers have this ability. The Sagem 2304n is no exception to this.

There is also no custom firmware suitable for the Sagem 2304n.

If it really means something to you to be able to use the VPN, then consider purchasing a Cable router (I'm not sure if the Billion 78--n supports this, but it would make a good alternative if it does) and connect your cable router as shown in this guide:

Using the DLink DIR613.

If you are planning to upgrade to Sky Fibre at a later date, the above process would work there too. With some you could install a custom firmware, such as DD-WRT, and swap out the Sky router.

The Billion 7800n has a firmware which will allow it to connect on a Sky ADSL connection whether you have MER or PPPoA. It if very popular on this forum as a direct result. I do not know if it supports this function, so do check.

Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro: Connected at 80,000 kbps / 20,000 kbps
      Previous ADSL2+ Speed 19999 kbps 1153 kbps, Line Attenuation 17.5 db 6.9 db, Noise Margin 7.5 dB 8.7 dB
      Speedtest: 17.15MB/s 0.97Mb/s Ping 31 ms

dragon18007 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Router: Sky hub SR102
      Thanks

Re: VPN settings on Sagemcom F@ST2304

Thanks, I cant afford another router so I'll just have to stick with what I have.

Ta
      JJ