Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sky Support - A Technicain Speaks

This is a discussion on Sky Support - A Technicain Speaks within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; I made a comment about 1st line support being in the Philappines and one of them read it and decided ...

SkyDesperado is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Orpington
      Broadband ISP: Base
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Sky Support - A Technicain Speaks

I made a comment about 1st line support being in the Philappines and one of them read it and decided to comment...

Hi... and by the way SkyDesperado... If u will be speaking with someone from us (Phillipines), pls don't be surprised... why?

1.) We aren't from your country. (that is why we always have to do research about your other ISP's, terms, etc.)
      2.) We were only trained to troubleshoot.(for only 3 weeks and after that, we are receiving calls.)
      3.) We have very limited informations about the product and status of the faults, if any, and specially... the things going on at sky.
      4.) We haven't even tried or experienced using "Sky broadband"

So pls bare with us if we can't give a defenite answer to your inquiries, that is beacause we, ourselves, are not being given any.

But if your issue requires troubleshooting, you can count on us!
      Well at least his honest, fills you with confidence doesnt it...
      Last edited by NewsreadeR; 18-10-06 at 11:02 PM. Reason: added quote tags for clarification

2. Advertisement
      markyb is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: orrell
      Broadband ISP: connect
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      nice of them to reply.
      im sure they are nice people BUT
      no disrespect to them but how can someone thousands of miles away help someone in wigan or manchester or london. or wherever.
      they dont even know how our broadband works.
      but then again some of the uk call centres dont know how our broadband works

movielad is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Brookwood
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      It'll come back to bite Sky and Easynet on the bum. You'll see if it doesn't. Luckily I've never really had to call many technical support centres for my broadband over the years - it's usually worked, and I've usually stuck with smaller companies that keep their technical and customer services staff in the same building.

I know of a well known company that uses a big Indian call centre to handle customer service calls when the UK operation shuts up shop every night. The number of complaints they receive because of the lack of professionalism on the part of the call centre staff, the troubling grasp of English and everything else is worrying. There are serious considerations as to whether to continue using them or looking into setting up a proper UK operation.

Mind you, my general opinions of ANY company outsourcing support is that they see it as a necessary evil, and don't want to spend much money on it as a consequence. It causes far more hassle than it's worth and probably ends up costing them MORE rather than handling techincal support/customer services themselves in the long run.

BTW, I don't blame any of the call centre/outsourced company staff at all - they're doing their best, but the company that employs them do not provide decent training or facilities to carry out their jobs.

M.

SkyDesperado is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Orpington
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

I suspect that I should have added that i dont blame them either, it is not there fault and they are very friendly but unfortunatly after the 10th time you call them friendly doesnt mean much anymore.

I was just trying to highlight what level of expertise we are dealing with. I always ask for Tier 2 straight away now as I am still having problems...

AbernusUK is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Gateshead
      Broadband ISP: Connect
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      I do agree with what has been said here. however, distance has no bearing on anything here. You can troubleshoot from anywhere in the world

The problem is that using people from india etc are cheaper than using people in the UK etc, also the level of training given is a joke. These people are give the basic's of "here is a PC, this is how you turn it on etc now go and solve people's problems". If your problem deviates from a script given to them they are at a loss. Even Tier 2 have admitted to me that the first level support is a joke.

To be honest I think Sky pushed this product out to quickly, very little thought to aftercare. I know when I first got Broadband through BT (When that was new) the service itself was just as bad, but they had slightly better aftercare.

I think if Sky had got the TS support sorted, although there are problems (as all new companies have) things would be slightly better.

dada is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      dude, if ever, tier information also will depend from what tier one troubleshooting has done, a tier 1 agent told me that

Alfie is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Not on Sky
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by markyb View Post
      nice of them to reply.
      im sure they are nice people BUT
      no disrespect to them but how can someone thousands of miles away help someone in wigan or manchester or london. or wherever.
      they dont even know how our broadband works.
      but then again some of the uk call centres dont know how our broadband works
      The CSRs in the the Philippines do not even know what BT is.
      They can not even pass a message from one tier to the customer correctly after being told twice.

Exchange:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by SkyDesperado View Post

But if your issue requires troubleshooting, you can count on us!
      LOL!!!!!!!!!! Funniest thing I have heard all year.

Keiran2K8 is offline Skyuser Serial Spammer
      Exchange: Redditch
      Broadband ISP: Max & VM VIP-85 & Be* Pro
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Blog Entries
      @ SkyDesperardo! Are you actually GENUINE! lmao!

Exchange:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by SkyDesperado View Post

2.) We were only trained to troubleshoot.(for only 3 weeks and after that, we are receiving calls.)
      4.) We haven't even tried or experienced using "Sky broadband"
      2)You have therefore recieved a week more than the UK CSRs. Who had to then take EIGHT weeks of pre-registration calls before they were actually taking live tech calls.
      4) Neither have UK CSRs.

Anymore excuses?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast