Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sky Support - A Technicain Speaks

This is a discussion on Sky Support - A Technicain Speaks within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Can I just clarify: 1) Skydesperado does not work for Sky 2) SD quoted a response he got from someone ...

NewsreadeR is offline Site Founder
      Exchange: Marshalls Cross
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Blog Entries
      Can I just clarify:

1) Skydesperado does not work for Sky

2) SD quoted a response he got from someone who claims they work for Sky CS in the Phillipines

3) Whether they are Sky staff or not, please don't make this personal. Debate is fine - insults are not!

~ Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience ~

Follow us on Twitter @skyuser

2. Advertisement
      pingme101 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

a

we shouldn't blame philippines techs.those nice people from the philippines are just doing their jobs, they aren't given all the information on their trainings. tier1 admits to me that they are trained for basics of troubleshooting our broadband. of course after tier 1 from Philippines tests our basic connections and found out bigger problems on our line,our issue should be escalated to a certain department specifically from UK,higher tiers. higher Tiers have all the means to help sort out our problems.however higher tiers are receiving huge issues and thats why sky subscribers should have to wait loooooooooongeeeeer.

Keiran2K8 is offline Skyuser Serial Spammer
      Exchange: Redditch
      Broadband ISP: Max & VM VIP-85 & Be* Pro
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Blog Entries
      Thanks for clarifying that!
      Last edited by NewsreadeR; 18-10-06 at 11:00 PM.

pingme101 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

whoa

Originally Posted by SkyDesperado View Post

2.) We were only trained to troubleshoot.(for only 3 weeks and after that, we are receiving calls.)
      4.) We haven't even tried or experienced using "Sky broadband"

Quote Originally Posted by Alfie View Post
      2)You have therefore recieved a week more than the UK CSRs. Who had to then take EIGHT weeks of pre-registration calls before they were actually taking live tech calls.
      4) Neither have UK CSRs.

Anymore excuses?

2.) Take note of your reply alfie... Thats UK csr's definitely they have all the means or tools to gain more expertise in providing technical support to us since they are based in our country where sky broadband operates.
      i myself is amazed by how these people (from phils.) works.. they do work on night shifts.since we do have different time zone. and y the heck did our fellows from sky hired these people from other countries? guess they do have the knowledge though granted that they are receiving from cheaper salary.

4.) how did you know whether UK CSRs haven't experienced yet using SKY Broadband?Im guessing you're a UK CSR.cheers!

Alfie is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Not on Sky
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by pingme101 View Post
      Originally Posted by SkyDesperado View Post

2.) We were only trained to troubleshoot.(for only 3 weeks and after that, we are receiving calls.)
      4.) We haven't even tried or experienced using "Sky broadband"

2.) Take note of your reply alfie... Thats UK csr's definitely they have all the means or tools to gain more expertise in providing technical support to us since they are based in our country where sky broadband operates.
      i myself is amazed by how these people (from phils.) works.. they do work on night shifts.since we do have different time zone. and y the heck did our fellows from sky hired these people from other countries? guess they do have the knowledge though granted that they are receiving from cheaper salary.

4.) how did you know whether UK CSRs haven't experienced yet using SKY Broadband?Im guessing you're a UK CSR.cheers!
      Can you give that to me in legible english before I warrant it with a reply.

Thanks

spike7451 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Donaghadee
      Broadband ISP: Base
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Because where the Sky CSR Tier1 & 2 are based,we only have the Connect!! Base,Mid & Max pack are'nt yet available over here in NI & wont be for a while yet,so Alfie's quite correct,we dont have access to a working Sky BBand account.

H0OPERS is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Talking

Good news Tier3 is now recieving incoming calls from tier1 agents..

so those waiting on 'callbacks' which rarely happened may now get their problems sorted..!!

Tier3 was made up of very few staff somwhere in London... Sky have realised they needed a few more employees to deal with the 3000 over estimated techincal enquiries!

I work for Tier2 in a UK location.. yes UK..

and yes Tier 1 go through basically 1 week of classroom training on how to reset the broadband box and restore browser settings... thats basically it.. then 1 weeks nesting with another tier1 agent who has probably only been taking calls for 1 week themselves

However there is some people who do know what they are doing, and can help but as your aware - Tier1 is the first point of support and if they do not troubleshoot the customers accordingly we at Tier2 reject any calls they put through as they arent providing us with enough and sometimes none information to work with..

Tier1 uses a program and they MUST follow the steps accordingly or risk loosing their monthly BONUS!! lol for Qulaity purposes.

So dont be surprised if you have phoned in 10 times and have went through the same steps 10 times.. it has to be done, unless of course a tier1 agent doesnt want their bonus or has had a sickday off that month and has not qualified for Attendance and QA bonus..

Anyway Tier 3 was choco-o-block and basically blocked all incoming calls for the past 5 weeks but now they have a few more staff lets hope the queue of faults will be shortened, the calls incoming will be reduced, more customer have internet access and sky might just make a few pound eventually from this risky venture they rushed in to.

any questions ill be checking here regularly so blast away folks.
      Last edited by H0OPERS; 07-11-06 at 11:02 PM.

The Doctor is offline Skyuser Member
      Exchange: SSNOR
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks
      I have pmd you read it please, as some of your information is not accurate.

H0OPERS is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by theg33k View Post
      I have pmd you read it please, as some of your information is not accurate.

Replied.. nothing inaccurate there, i wont lie to the people LOL

The Doctor is offline Skyuser Member
      Exchange: SSNOR
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks
      sorted

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast