Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Like Tree2Likes

Reduced Service since March

This is a discussion on Reduced Service since March within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Originally Posted by Isitme Sky have their own DLM , it is only on Fibre that DLM is handled by ...

skydance is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01255
      Broadband ISP: Base
      Router: F@ST2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+ box
      Thanks

Re: Reduced Service since March

Quote Originally Posted by Isitme View Post
      Sky have their own DLM, it is only on Fibre that DLM is handled by BT. Give them a ring, tell them BTO have repaired your line and you would like a reset.
      Wow spoke to Sky Broadband Support, who were brilliant, very helpful Sottish lady who set DLM up for me straight away. So over 10 - 14 days I hope to see some improvement.

Thanks for all your help and guidance, really very much appreciated...

2. Advertisement
      Thanks

Well the lines been receiving DLM for 82 hours now, with no change? I understood training sets in after 72? Could it be the bank holiday weekend has meant staff priorities have designated this to no action?

I understand broadband can also be received with a satellite dish? Whilst the cost is high at around 400, at least I might be able to avoid the disappointment and frustration of dealing with Sky et al?

seawright is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 02392
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by skydance View Post
      I understand broadband can also be received with a satellite dish? Whilst the cost is high at around 400, at least I might be able to avoid the disappointment and frustration of dealing with Sky et al?
      This has become the topic of discussion in the following thread: BT to close down dial-up

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by seawright View Post
      This has become the topic of discussion in the following thread: BT to close down dial-up
      Thanks Seawright,

This thread started in March, nearly six months ago!

At 127 quid installation and 25 a month (less Sky's 5) its a bargain to get 20 mb / down and 6mb up. I think I might well pack up the BT landline as well, thus saving another 11. I have a good mobile reception four floors up and don't use the phone much anyway, in fact it's a bloody nuisance! My wife uses Skype and I could too I suppose. It seems that Sky/BT can't get it right and at 67 years of age, I might not have much time left and certainly no more endeavour to be bothered with their inconclusive and enigmatically integrated services.

Thank you again...

Thanks

Angry Groundhog Day!

Ok, I've had enough. DLM was supposed to have been started last Wednesday. As my stats show nothing has changed, speeds are still a dismal 2.1 up from an average 6.7 six months ago. BT have replaced outside cabling, giving immediate improvement in SNR, as can be seen from my new stats. I rung SKY tonight and spoke with someone from India, who was a basic script reader and he wanted to start with the test socket etc!!!! I've decided to quit SKY completely, quit the BT landline as well and go Satellite for broadband, because even though fibre optic from Sky is now available (accepting orders now), this last experience tonight has worn me out! Apparently I still have to give a months notice to SKY even though I've no contract and have had none of their equipment for eight years. I asked to be elevated to someone else in SKY broadband, but was advised I had to contact the 'Team' via Sky.com. What a way to treat someone after 14 years!

On TV, all I want is the Documentaries Package, nothing else, but I suppose I still have to pay about 24 quid a month to get that, as Freeview doesn't carry much from 521 on!
      Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Reduced Service since March-stats.jpg  

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234