Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Like Tree2Likes

Reduced Service since March

This is a discussion on Reduced Service since March within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; BT are sending an engineer to my home Wednesday the 21st to ensure it's not my wiring etc, which hasn't ...

skydance is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01255
      Broadband ISP: Base
      Router: F@ST2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+ box
      Thanks

Exclamation Update

BT are sending an engineer to my home Wednesday the 21st to ensure it's not my wiring etc, which hasn't changed since the last time this happened five years ago.

The state of the update to 'Fibre optic' appears unknown and BT customer service in Mumbai don't understand what I'm even talking about when I ask for the current state of affairs, probably warned off in their 'team meets' to backhand litigious suggestions - world we live in.

I take it I'm 'locked' in a 6db down profile as my line appears unstable, even though it's BT's fault for upgrade drop offs, they of course never redress this fall in service as usual! The line does appear more stable (no drop offs for two days), and 7.5-9DB maintained? If DLM were undertaken, would the download profile currently locked at 2559 giving me just over 2100 kbps real speed be improved. Also no-one will/can advise whether the 'Blue cabinet' upgrade will improve my stats with my old 'propellor driven' elastic band broadband?

Good job they weren't around to run Radar in the Battle of Britain, we'd all be speakng German now
      Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Reduced Service since March-13-13.34pm.jpg  

2. Advertisement
      Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

Re: Reduced Service since March

The upgrade to Fibre will make no difference to your ADSL.

If your noise margin is staying up it may be worth giving Sky another call. They should be able to up your speed a bit more, although it would probably be better if you can get them to re-run DLM training on your line.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Isitme For This Useful Post:

skydance (19-08-13)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Isitme View Post
      The upgrade to Fibre will make no difference to your ADSL.

If your noise margin is staying up it may be worth giving Sky another call. They should be able to up your speed a bit more, although it would probably be better if you can get them to re-run DLM training on your line.
      Thanks for you help again, much appreciated. Perhaps its better to wait until the BT loop goes through it's many stages viz, (engineer/openreach/more complaints etc), for them to confirm nothing is wrong as they usually do.

Last time they came up with this pronouncement the stats magically improved the next day and DLM happened as if by telekenesis, thereafter. In other words, its our fault, we'll correct it, but not admit we're wrong or least of all apologise? So I take it the only way to get Fibre optic is to pay extra a month, as if I expected anything to do with Camoron would be anything but duplicity of statement?

Thanks

Just a thought. I've used my own routers for 5 years now. I'm not on contract with Sky and can't be bothered for the sake of 20 to argue with them for a replacement. However could this factor be interfering with my speed/profile?

Presently my details are as follows;

Manufacturer
      Sagemcom
      Model Number
      F@ST2504n
      Firmware Version
      6.14.6a4N_UNI
      ADSL Firmware Version
      A2pD038m.d24h

gymno Guest
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:

I'm using the sagem 2504n router provided by sky & can confirm that yours does have the latest firmware available.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to gymno For This Useful Post:

skydance (19-08-13)

Thanks

However could this factor be interfering with my speed/profile?
      I doubt it, the latest SR101 is not that much better than the one you have.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Isitme For This Useful Post:

skydance (19-08-13)

Thanks

Thank you, much appreciated

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Scubbie View Post
      I do not think that you will get much of an answer, but have you tried emailing Openreach?

Try this address: nga.enquiries at openreach.co.uk

You will need to provide your home postcode in the email.
      Hello Scubbie, just to confirm that amazingly, I've had no response...

seawright is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 02392
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

I think the "nga" stands for next generation access hence the delay in getting a response.

Thanks

Update,

Bt engineers visited today and was effective, polite and very helpful. My exchange line checked out clear within my property. I advised him of 'cabinet' problems around the corner a few years ago and he visited the location. Apparently one of the legs from the pair was badly fractured and would have become completely detached quite soon. It was clearly responsible for the intermittent disconnections, in this state. The engineer replaced both 'legs' and said, that he felt the fault was now solved. My router Noise has since remained rock solid at 10.1 down and 10.5 up for 4 hours now! I thought it better to see if speed picks up over the next week by having the benefit of hopefully a secure connection. Sky help in my experience are a bit 'wooden' towards instigating DLM from BT? Seemingly preferring to go through their set scripts over test sockets etc and choosing to ignore anything about BT visits, remedial work. etc and consequently I dread contacting them at all...

Thanks

Sky have their own DLM, it is only on Fibre that DLM is handled by BT. Give them a ring, tell them BTO have repaired your line and you would like a reset.

TomD

Useful Utilites

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Isitme For This Useful Post:

skydance (21-08-13)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast