Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Moving Home

This is a discussion on Moving Home within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Hi guys, I wasn't sure where to put this post, feel free to move it lol We recently bought a ...

MrMischief is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: St Barnabas
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Question Moving Home

Hi guys,

I wasn't sure where to put this post, feel free to move it lol

We recently bought a new build house and we move in on the 28th March.

Our TV is being installed on the 30th and our phone and broadband is being installed on the 2nd April. Sky have said that the line is not currently compatible for Sky Talk and Broadband (being a new build), so on 2nd April BT Openreach are coming to the house to make it compatible.

Does anyone know what the Openreach engineer will do? Will he actually come into the house (Sky said they will, but I don't see what he'll do) or just do something outside at the cabinet/exchange? If he comes in the house, I want to make sure that all the BT sockets are active. For some strange reason, only the master socket in our current home is active and the others are not. New build house as well, so I want to make sure all sockets are active if he comes in the new house.

What should I expect?

2. Advertisement
      tenar is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Newcastle NINE
      Broadband ISP: sky fibre max
      Router: Sky Q Hub ER110
      Sky TV: none
      Thanks

Re: Moving Home

only 1 socket will be activated that is where main line comes in iE BT main socket all others are your responsibility if BT engineer does not connect them up you will need an electrician to connect them or contact who ever built your house
      BT and sky are only responsible for getting line enabled to main socket

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

If your main socket is already connected to the phone line, I doubt if it will require an engineer visit to the house. When they say it is not compatible they probably mean it is not yet in the data base. All new phone ines can take weeks to work their way through the system and be fully recognised.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

mattan is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: SSSWN
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Thanks

You may find the engineer will check the connection from cabinet to outside house to master socket as to that point it's BT's responsibility. That's what happened when I moved in to my house. As Isitme said, it can take weeks for the databases to be updated - you just may want to point out to Sky that you're phoning from the new line!

As for the extension sockets, if they're not working when BT enable the line, get on to the site manager as a snag quickly!

MrMischief is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: St Barnabas
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Thanks

Moving Home

Thanks for the advice guys. Sorry for delay in response, I've been ill! :-(

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk