Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

My Experience.

This is a discussion on My Experience. within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Just thought I'd let you know about my experience so far as it may help one or two others to ...

Psycho is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: EMGDDLI
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

My Experience.

Just thought I'd let you know about my experience so far as it may help one or two others to determine what is happening to them.

Signed up to SkyBB on 23rd Sept & by 28th Sept I was in posession of my router & log in details etc.

My order status on the BT site site showed that the LLU enable was scheduled for 5th Oct & the IPStream Cease was scheduled for 10th Oct. Anyway, the LLU enable actually took place on the 10th & the IPStream was ceased on the 11th according to the BT Checker. So on that basis I assumed that I should be able to connect to SkyBB, however my router wouldn't connect (Error code 300) & the router status (overall status page) was showing a download speed on the line of 2273kbps & upload speed of 288kbps. So thinking that maybe the cease hadn't happened I left it a couple of days until the 13th Oct before contacting Sky(That was my first mistake)

I rang Sky TS on the evening of the 13th to report that I was not able to receive Broadband & after going through the usual with tier 1 I was told that it was an issue that could only be dealt with by tier 3 & that I would be given a ticket number for someone to contact me. When I questioned how long I would have to wait for a return call the response was "I can't confirm but probably not for AT LEAST 5 DAYS" at this point I took the stance that I was not prepared to accept a call back & that I would like to speak to tier 3 that evening to which the reply "I'm sorry but I can't put you through as we have been told not to transfer any calls" so I stuck to my guns & insisted that I be put through & that if the CS staff were not able to do that direct I would like to speak to a manager. Well that wasn't necessary as the CS guy (Mark I think) put me on hold & said let me see what I can do. When he came back he confirmed that he was going to try & transfer me but that I could be waiting at least 1hr (Thanks Mark appreciated mate). Well 1hr & 20mins later I got through to Tobias who after carrying out a couple of tests confirmed that my BB should be working but based on the information I was able to give him I had a FAILED MIGRATION & that he would have to report the matter to BT but couldn't confirm when the issue would be rectified. He did however say that this has happened a few times & that BT have resolved the matter without too much difficulty.

As of today I still have no BB access & am no wiser as to when I'm likely to get access but I have learned two lessons that I would recommend other users of.
      • Call SkyBB as soon as you are aware of ANY problem - DON'T WAIT
      • DO NOT accept a call back - INSIST on being put through BUT BE PREPARED FOR A LONG WAIT

Will update once the issue is resolved (soon hopefully)

2. Advertisement
      Thanks

Update 24-10-06

Spoke with Sky TS on 17-10-06 to see if there was any news on my failed migration & found out that the card on the easynet equipment I'm connected to in the exchange is dead.....& that the problem has been referred to FM (Fault Management) for a resolution. When asked when the problem was likely to be resolved they couldn't give an answer.

I rang back on 21st to see if there was any news regarding when the fault will be rectified.............. "Sorry sir, can't say"

I've just rung again to see if there is any news as the problem has now been known for a week........."Sorry sir there is no update on our screens." So I ask if I can speak to a manager / supervisor who can give me some kind of indication as to when the problem will be resolved. & yes you guessed it "Sorry sir, no there isn't"

Right OK so my next phone call was to customer services to see if they can geive me the name of someone within Sky who I can speak to to find out what is happening & yes you guessed..........."Sorry sir, no there isn't"

So the situation at present is that since the 11th Oct I've had no broadband & Sky can't even tell me when I'm likely to have it

If anybody out there can offer even the slightest bit of assistance with maybe a BT or Easynet contact or indeed anybody within Sky who I can address my problem to I would be most grateful

Thanks

I assume from the lack of response & reading a few of the recent posts that I'm probably flogging a dead horse trying to get any information out of Sky

lrostoke is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Newcastle WMNEW
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      yep you were right sounds remarkably like my sisters story and she's on week 3

SKY actually at one point said they'd done all they could and she should log a fault with BT...yep BT said nope not us, ring your ISP..

fredrex is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: highway
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

could be worse

Should have been connected on the 11th September. Still wiating DSLAM card problem after general **** up on wiring. See post thread on dslam probs for more detail

Thanks

Thanks Fredex.

Don't suppose you have a link to the dslam thread do you?

Thanks

Well since my last post I have received one or two e-mails from Sky TS

The first was on Thursday asking me to confirm my details & also asking the best number to contact me on so I gave them 2 numbers & details of what times I would be available i.e. Don't ring my home number before 7.30pm as I won't be there.

I then received another e-mail around 5.30pm on Friday saying they had tried to contact me via phone without success (yes you guessed they had rung my home number) but the alarming thing was what they said in their e-mail.

"Dear Mr ******

Thank you for getting back in touch. I did try to contact you by phone today, to discuss your Broadband problems; however I was not able to reach you.

I have had a look at your account and I notice you are connected to the Gelding exchange. There has been a fault identified on your exchange on the card you are connected to. I apologise that this was not advised sooner, but it was only reported on the 25/10/06.

The current status is that work is being carried out to resolve the issue, however at the moment no fix time has been given.

I apologise for all the inconvenience caused in the meantime.

Kind Regards

Sky Broadband Technical"

Now what alarms me is the line "but it was only reported on the 25/10/06." when quite clearly the fault was known as early as 17/10/06. So I replied requesting who the fault was reported to (Easynet or BT).

As yet I've had no response & to be honest having read numerous posts on here where writers have been told of alleged faults in exchanges I frankly do not believe a word I'm being told by Sky any more.

Just to make matters worse, I received an invoice from Sky on Saturday confirming how much they were taking out of my account for the service from 5/10/06

Hoagie is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Gedling (EMGDDLI)
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max/Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Psycho. I'm also on that exchange - and have exactly the same problems as you. My old modem tells me more than the sky one and it looks like NOTHING has been changed from my old ISP. My old ISP don't let me log in anymore but that's understandable.

I reported a fault on my phone line on the 25th using the BT 151 service. Took ages to be called back but when they did I explained what I thought had happened. Now everyone seems to know of a fault on the exchange - co-incidence?

Anyway, hopefully we'll both be sorted at some point. Just a pain that it takes them so long to realise that they have a problem - despite both of us telling them repeatedly.

I read a thread somewhere mentioning 7 weeks outage due to a DSLAM fault. I just hope either it isn't that long or it's already been broken for 6 1/2 weeks.

Thanks

Hi Hoagie.

Lets try & keep each other informed of anything we hear from Sky, at least that way we will see if they are telling us differing information.

Following my post yesterday I sent an e-mail to James Murdoch (no I don't think for one minute that he will get to read it) with a rundown of the shambles of transferring to Sky Broadband.

I'm not holding my breath for a reply but it made me feel a little better

If I hear anything I'll post here or PM you

Hoagie is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Gedling (EMGDDLI)
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max/Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Hi,

I've heard a few people talk about mailing him. Some customer service people pick it up and I believe they do react in some way.

I mailled easynet today. No idea if I sent it to the right place but I felt better for it.

I take it your username refers to Stuart Pearce not Norman Bates.

Hoagie.

Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast