Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

My Experience.

This is a discussion on My Experience. within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Not only are they now trying to use phone and e-mail to communicate different information, I got a letter too. ...

Hoagie is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Gedling (EMGDDLI)
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max/Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Not only are they now trying to use phone and e-mail to communicate different information, I got a letter too. It was helpfully dated "November 2006" so I had no idea when in this story it may have related to.

I phoned them as the letter said, though not on the number it gave. Tier 1 said a similar one was sent to thousands of people after a recent upgrade. They instructed me to ignore it as it was sent before Tier 3 told me about the party in the exchange next week.

I also got an interesting quote from T1.

"If Tier 3 say next week, that's when it will be fixed."

We'll see.

2. Advertisement
      Psycho is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: EMGDDLI
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Well I seem to be getting bombarded by Sky at the minute as well....

Had a call from customer service last night who basically knew nothing with regard to when the problem would / should be resolved.

Then had this follow up to my e-mail of yesterday.

"Dear ****

Thank you for your e mail I can confirm that after looking at your ticket that has been raised the date 22nd November was an expected date to resolve this issue, however it appears to be ongoing at the exchange to have this fixed. I hope this will not be too much longer for you now.

Your patience is very much appreciated

Kind regards

A*****
      Broadband Technical Support"

I love the line "Your patience is very much appreciated"

This should read "Your patience has been very much tested"

Oh well! the wait goes on

Thanks
      Last night I saw a BT Openreach van about a mile from the exchange. Looks like that's as close as he got though.

Thanks

Sounds about right mate.

Don't suppose you've heard anything from Sky then Hoagie?

They seem to have gone suspiciously quiet!

Thanks
      Not a word mate.

I've sent two e-mails asking if anyone can find out a date for this exchange fixing session but nothing came back. I even mentioned the vans in the area

I may ring them tonight and see if I can get T3 to have a chat. People on here seem to be getting through in sensible timescales these days.

Thanks
      This came through a few minutes ago...

On checking our update board for current works taking place I found there are no works presently planned for your exchange. This list only goes as far as 4th December so works may be planned after this date. There are certainly other EM exchanges on the list at present and as such your exchange should be repaired in due course. As you will appreciate we are entirely reliant on information being passed to us by a third party as to when works are being carried out.

I apologise I am unable to provide you with an exact date and thank you in advance for your continued patience. Should you require any further updates please do not hesitate to contact us.

I had asked them to find out from Easynet, Telenet and BT Openreach rather than their update board but beggars can't be choosers.

Thanks

Same kind of response here mate.

"I have contacted our technical support team who have advised they spoke to you yesterday. Unfortunately they have no further update or timescale for the resolution of this fault at your local exchange."

7 weeks today since I notified Sky of the fault.

Pathetic.

Thanks

Just had yet another e-mail telling me they don't have a date!!

"Dear Mr ******

Thank you for your e-mail

We are currently aware of the problem in your exchange and can confirm that the problem is currently being looked into by the Sky engineers. I do understand the frustration that you are feeling just now. I cannot give a time at present when the situation with your exchange will be resolved. The problem with your exchange is a priority with Sky.

We do value all Sky customers and do try to get any issues regarding service quality resolved as quickly as possible.

I also note that you are concerned that no date has been given as to when the problem with your exchange will be resolved.

We cannot give dates or times scales unless we are given accurate information from the relevant department.

Though I do note that a resolution was to be sought in November I am still currently awaiting information on this and unfortunately I cannot update you on this.

The technical nature of your problem has been relayed in the previous e-mail as regarding your dslam and port in the exchange. We are currently awaiting further updates as regards this and will inform you of this when the information becomes available. The engineers are working on this as quickly as possible as previously stated.

A credit has already been placed into your account. Your problem has been raised already with operational staff and there is a lot of activity just now going on trying to resolve the on going problem for all our customers who are experiencing no connection on broadband service at present within your exchange.

I know that your patience has been stretched with the lack of broadband service, at present Sky is working towards improving the broadband service for all customers and we hope that you can be just a bit more patient while our operational staff resolve the on going issue.

Kind Regards

S*******

Sky Broadband Technical Support"

So its being "looked in to" is a "Priority" & "The engineers are working on this as quickly as possible"

Lord help us if ever they drag their heels on any faults!!!

The really frustrating thing is when you get told "We cannot give dates or times scales unless we are given accurate information from the relevant department." So am I right in assuming nobody within Sky knows how to use a telephone?? Just pick up the phone, dial the number of the "relevant department" and ask a simple question along the lines of "when will this issue be resolved" then tell the customers!!!

Alternatively give me the number of "the relevant department" & I'll ask them

Thanks
      I've actually got so P****d off I mailed asking whether anyone can "hand-on-heart tell me that BT have actually been informed".

Oddly no-reply yet.

I have also noticed I never get a reply until I send a follow up mail anyway. I guess they just ignore every other message to keep the workload down.

Also tried upgrading my dial-up to DSL and got a "Can't do that" message. I guess the one thing sky have managed to do is tag my line.

Thanks

Well Hoagie I just spoke with my contact at Customer Care & she kindly rang escalated technical while I was on hold as she also feels that it is totally unreasonable for them not to be giving us an indication of timescale & guess what?.................That's right, they can't tell her either!!!

Basically they told her the same as what they are telling us "there is no timescale available for the resolution of the known issues at the Gedling exchange" so she has told them that they must go away & chase up what is happening & report back to her so that she can let me know.

Like I've explained to her, if they say it's going to be resolved within the next 2 weeks then I will stick it out, however if they say that it is going to be 2 months then I want to cancel straight away so that I have some chance of being online for xmas

This whole thing really has tainted my opinion of Sky so much so that I feel like cancelling my entire account. All for the sake of somebody having the b***s to give me a straight answer. I'm actually past the angry stage & would say I just feel very bitter, very bitter indeed.

I've lost count of the number of times I've kicked myself for not listening to the Demon customer service guy who said "Oh, your going to Sky? I've heard that they are having quite a lot of exchange problems with their equipment". What a wonderful thing hindsight is

Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast