Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

My Experience.

This is a discussion on My Experience. within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Originally Posted by Hoagie How did you get to Tier 3? I'd like to have a chat with them too. ...

Psycho is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: EMGDDLI
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hoagie View Post
      How did you get to Tier 3? I'd like to have a chat with them too.
      I rang TS on the 0800 number & explained to the Tier 1 guy that I would like to speak with a Tier 3 engineer. He tried to fob me off at first saying that he had to go through various checks so I pointed out to him that this was just wasting his & my time as we were way past the stage where he could help so if he wouldn't mind I would really like to speak to Tier 3. He agreed & tried to put me through but was having a problem with his phone so he said he was going to hang up & get Tier 3 to call me straight back, so he did & true to his word Tier 3 rang me approx 2 minutes later.

As a footnote, it was 1.30am when I rang & the T3 engineer agreed that this is the best time to speak with them as A) you are virtually guaranteed to get to speak to someone & B) They can dedicate a bit more to discuss any issues etc.

Have sent you a PM Hoagie

2. Advertisement
      Hoagie is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Gedling (EMGDDLI)
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max/Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      I bet Tier 3 were busy at 1.30 this morning .

kkhalil76 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      After 2 months I got sick of waiting, cancelled and signed up with Be, online after only 1 week

Thanks
      On the 13th I sent Sky Tech support an e-mail outlining my story so far - It was completely i
      Then on the 15th I sent another which got a reply.

They said there's a fault in the exchange.

Well Whoopee. Like we didn't know that a month ago. In fact I'm sure it was mentioned in the e-mail.

I've asked them for more detail and asked them whether I can be moved to a different DSLAM. I expect them to ignore this message too.

Thanks

Thing is Hoagie. I don't see why we should be liasing with technical support over this issue after all it's not technical support that we require. We have no service at all so surely we should be given a contact within Easynet who deals with system failures or hardware repairs.

After my chat with Tier 3 last week I was promised a call back early this week & as yet I have had nothing. We are totally wasting our time as far as I'm concerned as there is absolutely no urgency whatsoever from Sky to resolve the problem. This in itself I find is a totally shocking attitude to take with paying customers who have for the most part been extremely patient.

If anyone from Sky TS or CS actually reads this I would like to say that you have my pity, you are working for an organisation in which your superiors have absolutely no respect for their paying customers & appear to care not one iota about resolving our problems & by virtue of this you have to face increasingly frustrated customers day in day out.

I fail to see what is so difficult in arranging for engineers to enter an exchange & rectify a fault or failing that move the users who are connected to the faulty card onto a card that is operational. The process would surely go like this.

1. Sky contact BT to arrange access to the exchange.
      2. BT give Sky a date on which they will gain access
      3. (This is the biggy) SKY TELL THEIR CUSTOMERS WHAT DAY THE ENGINEERS WILL BE ATTENDING TO THE FAULT
      4. The engineers attend site & rectify the fault BUT before leaving the exchange they check that the system is working by liasing with Tier 3 & carrying out line tests etc.
      5. Sky contact the customer & confirm that the problem is resolved

For anyone working within the system, maybe you could explain where in the above process it all goes pear shaped

My problem still seems to be complicated by the fact that I appear to still be connected to BT's hardware anyway!

Thanks
      As expected sky almost completely ignored my last e-mail. They just replied with a badly formatted message saying there's a fault in the exchange...

No mention of why I can't be moved to a bit that works - I'm wondering if any of it does - or when It could be fixed.

I also wonder if Easynet really fitted anything in that exchange?

Thanks
      After the last Fob Off I sent this...
      Hi,

We all know there's a problem, you've told me that before. But what about the prospect of moving me to a part of the network that does work.

Regards,

And got two real, personal replies.

Elaine and Tim both told me the same thing but at least it didn't have that automated feel.

They said they won't move us to a bit that works because there's a fault in the exchange! There's still not ETA as to when they'll get round to telling BT about it. Or did they say no ETA as to when BT will fix it - I think they said the latter but meant the former. They've spoken to Tier 3 who said no end in sight until BT have fixed the exchange.

So basically no information but at least they looked like real people telling us nothing.

Meanwhile Sky can afford to spend 1,000,000,000 quid on trying to stop NTL from buying ITV but can't afford to get their broadband system fixed.

Thanks

Bit of an update Hoagie....

Had a response to an e-mail that I sent to Sky (one of many) & it seems that maybe someone has listened to us.

I asked for a proper update & not the old exchange problem & for 1 point of contact for me to liase with. This is the response I got.

"Dear Mr ******

Customer Account Number:- *****************

Thank you for your email.

I have spoken directly with our escalated technical team again today and they have advised that an engineer has undertaken initial testing and it has been established that the problem relates to BT not supplying the dial tone through the exchange. In view of these findings, this matter has been passed to BT to resolve.

With regard to your request for a point of contact, I am happy for you to contact me on 08702 ******. If you ask for the Customer Care department and then ask for myself you will be transferred directly to me. Please note that my normal working hours are Monday to Friday 9am til 2pm.

In view of the problems that you have encountered, I can confirm that should you wish to cancel your Sky Broadband service before this issue is resolved, I will make the necessary arrangements.

We want all our customers to get the best service possible and I am sorry for the problems that you have encountered.

Should you require further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me.

With kind regards
      J**** M****
      Customer Relations"

I've blanked out the contacts name & number as I feel that is only right

Thanks
      So, it looks like there's some movement at last.

Mainly for a bit of a laugh, I asked them to tell me exactly when BT were informed. Though I did half expect someone to look at the records and find they hadn't.

I appreciate your point with the blanking of names, it's definitely the right thing to do here.

Let's hope this is the beginning of the end.

Thanks

Hopefully it is the beginning of the end mate as I'm now coming under pressure from the Missus so that she can start her online Christmas shopping

Had another e-mail from TS which gives me a little hope, however as with previous attempts I'm not holding my breath

"Dear Mr ******,

Thank you for contacting Broadband Technical Support, and I'm sorry to learn of your continued difficulties.

We do have a proposed resolution date for the fault at your exchange. This date is 22nd of November.

There has been a credit of **.** to your account on the 17th November I hope this is acceptable.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your patience and also to apologise for the delay in getting back to you with an update.

Kind regards

A****
      Sky Broadband Technical Support"

So tomorrow may see a final resolution to the whole sorry affair, however as I said, I'm not holding my breath.

Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast