Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

My Experience.

This is a discussion on My Experience. within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; @Psycho when you report a problem they add 1/2 price TV? Your like, "The one you placed last month hasnt ...

Keiran2K8 is offline Skyuser Serial Spammer
      Exchange: Redditch
      Broadband ISP: Max & VM VIP-85 & Be* Pro
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Blog Entries
      @Psycho when you report a problem they add 1/2 price TV? Your like, "The one you placed last month hasnt ended- could you just fix my problem or im off"

Annoying!

2. Advertisement
      Hoagie is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Gedling (EMGDDLI)
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max/Unlimited
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Sorry to confuse people. No, I havent got Sky BB working. I've just still got the old GDMT signal from BT.

Last night Sky rang again (Jason this time). Did the usual diagnostics and re-boots. Exactly the same results. I did get a more accurate description of where on the DSLAMs I am - DSLAM 1 card 13 port 34, just up from you Psycho. Did the tone test again and got the usual silence. Apparently the DSLAM says nothing is plugged into my port .

They gave the usual promise that they'd chase BT about it. No timescales, but John (who rang me on Wednesday) did say he'd ring back on Saturday with any updates. It appears that they all expected the duff DSLAM card to be the whole story, now it's been replaced and we still havent got a service they seem a bit more concerned.

I wonder if someone at BT didn't do the LLU change to my line because they knew the DSLAM was broken and then just forgot about it after it was fixed.

Psycho is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: EMGDDLI
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hoagie View Post
      Sorry to confuse people. No, I havent got Sky BB working. I've just still got the old GDMT signal from BT.

Last night Sky rang again (Jason this time). Did the usual diagnostics and re-boots. Exactly the same results. I did get a more accurate description of where on the DSLAMs I am - DSLAM 1 card 13 port 34, just up from you Psycho. Did the tone test again and got the usual silence. Apparently the DSLAM says nothing is plugged into my port .

They gave the usual promise that they'd chase BT about it. No timescales, but John (who rang me on Wednesday) did say he'd ring back on Saturday with any updates. It appears that they all expected the duff DSLAM card to be the whole story, now it's been replaced and we still havent got a service they seem a bit more concerned.

I wonder if someone at BT didn't do the LLU change to my line because they knew the DSLAM was broken and then just forgot about it after it was fixed.
      A picture is starting to unfold here Hoagie don't you think??

Your last sentence sounds plausible to me, at one point tier 3 said to me it sounds like a failed migration & nobody has ever mentioned it again even when I've asked about it they say they don't know what that would entail.

I think neither of us have actually been migrated onto the Sky LLU system at all & as such we are still synching to our old connection as they both still have tags in place from our previous BB suppliers.

We'll see what happens when BT take the demon tag away. I think that my internet light will then go dead.

Possibly the internet light being illuminated has thrown Sky a red herring as they would naturally think that my router was synching to the LLU.

It's all starting to look clearer to me now..................I think

Thanks
      I've been telling them I'm syncing to the wrong thing for weeks but I guess they don't have a box to tick for that.

I contacted my old ISP (still very helpful) and they said I shoudn't have any tag on my line.

Sky didn't ring me on Saturday as they had promised.

Dial up is not really up to the task of web browsing these days, I guess pages are bigger and more complex now that so many people have broadband.

Thanks

Well same here Hoagie.

Got home Friday to find a message on my answer phone saying that BT have been working in the exchange & it should now be sorted......(oh please tell me something I don't know!!) and that they would ring on Saturday to check, well I didn't get a call & to be perfectly honest I couldn't even be bothered to call them because I think the next call I make will probably be my last the way I feel with the whole situation at the minute.

Almost 5 weeks now without any internet connection & having just read their press release I feel sick as a dog.

Thanks

Just to keep you updated Hoagie.

Had a call from Sky Support today, came through on an 0207 number so this may have been an easynet employee.

Apparentley some people had there problems resolved on the last attempt within the exchange. Obviously that didn't include me or you!!

They now have to reschedule another visit fot the easynet engineers to have another attempt at resolving the problem which could be any time up to 3 weeks or maybe even more.

To say I'm well cheesed off is an understatement

Thanks
      I dread to think what would happen if we told our customers support would take 3 weeks.

Wonder if I can get sky+ fitted as compo?

The Doctor is offline Skyuser Member
      Exchange: SSNOR
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks
      give it a bash mate, I would be mighty cheesed if they told me 3 weeks, I would at least expect a good bit of compensation.

Keiran2K8 is offline Skyuser Serial Spammer
      Exchange: Redditch
      Broadband ISP: Max & VM VIP-85 & Be* Pro
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Blog Entries
      1/2 price for 3months - ok @theg33k lol

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hoagie View Post
      I dread to think what would happen if we told our customers support would take 3 weeks.

Wonder if I can get sky+ fitted as compo?
      Already got Sky+ so when (IF more like) this problem gets resolved I'm going to push for 12 months TV & Internet at half price as my starting negotiation

Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast