Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

My Experience.

This is a discussion on My Experience. within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Sad news indeed & just what the cynic in me expected if I'm totally honest Will post if able to ...

Psycho is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: EMGDDLI
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Sad news indeed & just what the cynic in me expected if I'm totally honest

Will post if able to but can't be bothered with dial up so if you see nothing later you know I'm not online

2. Advertisement
      Thanks

Out of curiosity Hoagie, did they ever tell you what "card" the problem was on??

I seem to remember them mentioning something along the lines of card 13 to me

Hoagie is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Gedling (EMGDDLI)
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max/Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      No, I didn't think to ask Tier 3 and Tier 1 don't know.

Thanks
      I just had a call from John at Support. He told me the fault at the exchange had been fixed yesterday. After a bit of a chat we came to a conclusion that BT need to recheck everything about my connection. There's apossibility that the problem is that BT have moved the wrong line! I had a fault on my phone service just before ordering Sky and BT may have moved me to a different exchange port but then plugged my old one into sky's DSLAM.

By the way, I'm in DSLAM card 113.

Another thing from the conversation, I shouldn't have been able to connect to my old ISP after the PROVIDE date, so the fact I could was an indication of something being amiss.

How's your connection Psycho?

Thanks

Hiya Hoagie....

The plot thickens.

I had a call from Stuart at TS last night saying that BT had confirmed they had fixed the fault yesterday (1st November) and that I should now be able to access the internet

So we went through all of the usual checks again & absolutely nothing has changed. (Apparently I'm connected to DSLAM Block 13 port 26.) So we do another test where I should hear a noise & I can hear nothing.

So guess what..............lets raise another ticket & I'll probably get a call from Tier 3 in 3-5 days & we'll log the fault with BT again

I'm loathed to have a go at the TS guys because they can only do so much but this is now reaching comical status, SURELY if BT had been in & rectified the "fault" they should have checked that it was working correctly at the time.

Hoagie, does your router show an upload & download speed still??

Although I can't log on to the Sky system my router is showing an upload speed of 288kbps & 2260kbps download speed???

Hmmmmm, this has now taken another twist!!! I've just got off the phone to demon who say that my account with them hasn't been cancelled!!!! & that Sky should have done thiswhen they did the IPSTREAM cease.

So what I'm now wondering is. As demon still have a marker on the line will this prevent me logging into the Sky system??

Thanks
      Last night I still had just under 8Mb down and 400K up, I havent looked today. This was exactly what I had from my prevoius provider. It's also still GDMT (adsl1 format) not ADSL2+ like sky should be. I think that whether the DSLAM is working or not we're not connected to it. They've re-raised my problem with BT too.

I got in touch with my old provider a while ago, who told me I had been disconnected from them. My old provider was just a re-seller of BT's IPStream as most are.

It's getting hard to tell whether Sky are lying to us or whether someone is lying to sky.

mombasa is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Uxbridge
      Broadband ISP: Base
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Psycho,

I had the same problem when I first signed up. Sky should have informed Demon to cease the line but they didn't so no internet. Once I realised this, I phoned Demon and asked them to cease the line to clear the ADSL marker. No problems at all, order went through to BT Wholesale that same day and BTW did the job in two days

Once that was done, my internet started working - for 3 days and then nothing - which is where I am now.

Suggest you phone BTW on 0800 169034 and ask the if there are any tags on your line. Then phone Demon to cancel etc. BTW might even just do it for you if you ask nicely.

Personally, i don't think you will ever get Sky broadband working. Suggest you cancel it all and start again. But, cancelling is not easy either

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hoagie View Post
      Last night I still had just under 8Mb down and 400K up, I havent looked today. This was exactly what I had from my prevoius provider. It's also still GDMT (adsl1 format) not ADSL2+ like sky should be. I think that whether the DSLAM is working or not we're not connected to it. They've re-raised my problem with BT too.

I got in touch with my old provider a while ago, who told me I had been disconnected from them. My old provider was just a re-seller of BT's IPStream as most are.

It's getting hard to tell whether Sky are lying to us or whether someone is lying to sky.
      So you've actually managed to get the Sky BB operating??

Glad to hear that mate as at least it means something is happening.

The galling thing is the Sky TS guy I spoke with last night said we have tested your line again & it is capable of carring speeds upto 18 meg.......The beauty of being 250m from the exchange

Will ring BTW Now & see what happens, Thanks Mombasa

madman is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Wandsworth
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      activation date was today and...................the green light did not come on in the morning before i left for work. i hope it will be green when i get back! it did say in the letter that i should allow another 3 days from my activation date.

p.s psycho, to your last question i was on plusnet's LLU before, was getting 8mb.

madman is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Wandsworth
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by Psycho View Post
      So you've actually managed to get the Sky BB operating??

250m from the exchange
      lucky you! have you though about going to Be* if sky dont work out for you. You might get better speeds then 16mb. assmuing you dont have 2 much line noise.

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast