Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

My Experience.

This is a discussion on My Experience. within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; I've had enough - Sky win - I'm giving up. Well I'm trying to... I first hit reply on the ...

Hoagie is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Gedling (EMGDDLI)
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max/Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      I've had enough - Sky win - I'm giving up.

Well I'm trying to...

I first hit reply on the last email from their tech people. I told them I want their tag removing and the contract cancelling, nothing else to do as then never got off their arses and connected me.

The reply said to send an e-mail to some other address but guess what - it bounced, address unknown.

I tried ringing them tonight and they told me another address so I've e-mailled that one now. I'll update this thread when that one bounces, as I expect it to do.

2. Advertisement
      Psycho is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: EMGDDLI
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Sorry to hear that mate!!

I'll stick with it a little while longer as there's no way of getting signed up & connected with another ISP before xmas now (THANKS SKY) so figure I may as well wait until the new year.

Officially 10 weeks today since I should have been connected & still no light at the end of the tunnel.

I don't blame you to be honest Hoagie, keep us up to date with the process so I know what I inevitably will be going through before long

Thanks
      I'll keep the updates coming. I have a feeling getting off sky will be as hard as getting on.

MattB is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Bexleyheath
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      That's what is keeping me hanging in there - the fear that the cancellation will be handled just as badly. Mind you, Be are now enabled at my exchange....

The tie pair shift was completed yesterday for me - still no green 'i' light on the router and no BB service. Tier 3 left me a voicemail message yesterday to confirm that BT had done the job and wanted to know if it had fixed the problem. I left a note on my account via Tier 1 to advise that it hadn't.

Have a horrible feeling that that's basically it - that they won't know why it doesn't work and so can't help.

Not sure what else it can be tbh - they've already run through the more basic tests and everything's wired up correctly. It's actually plugged into my test socket at the mo as well.

Hmm. Will have to wait for Tier 3 to call me back, hopefully later today.

I ordered on 11 September....

Psycho is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: EMGDDLI
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

@Matt - Sounds like they have made the same complete hash of your installation as they have ours.

Just as a point of interest, you have probably already done this but check that your not being billed for your broadband or if you are then make sure they are crediting it back at the same time.

qwerty2100 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      After getting the router working i was only getting top speed of 1.5meg.

i phoned sky and they told me i was a bit away from the main server and because of my distance i could only get a top speed of 1.5meg

im sure if people phone sky, they will tell u ur top speed and u could then know if its a router, phone, wires, distance, etc, problem and figure out why ur not getting the speed you want.

so i canceled it

MattB is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Bexleyheath
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by Psycho View Post
      @Matt - Sounds like they have made the same complete hash of your installation as they have ours.

Just as a point of interest, you have probably already done this but check that your not being billed for your broadband or if you are then make sure they are crediting it back at the same time.
      Oh, they did bill me! They also didn't credit the £30 'goodwill gesture' that they said they would. I got billing to remove any entries for BB and got back on to James Murdoch's lot for the £30. Finally all done (I hope!).

I really don't know what they intend to try next, in terms of providing a BB service. Guess I'll have to wait for the call from Tier 3.

goody is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      I am in the same situation as you guys are.

My Internet connection went down on 21/11/06 and I spent almost the entire evening on the phone with the Technical Support Team on 22/11/06. I was passed on from Tier-1 to Tier -2 and was told that SKY had put a “cease” on my account. When I spoke to the account department, I was told that there was nothing wrong with my account and they passed me back to the technical department. Tier-2 department advised me that my case was escalated to the Tier-3 department and that someone would ring me with an update, unfortunately that never happened.

I rang again the next day and after going back and forth the different levels of your support section, I was told that they checked my connection and found that there was nothing wrong with the BT line but it was SKY that accidentally put a “cease” on my account. They advised me that it had happened for quite a few other customers and they will try to restore my connection as soon as possible. It was so reassuring (or could I say amusing) when they said that I was on the top of the list.

I rang the Technical Support Team almost everyday for an update and finally on 7/12/06 Jean from “Service Recovery” team informed me that my previous service provider had done a “mass registration with BT” and eventually messed up my Internet connection. He also assured me that BT would put me on a different system within 3 to 10 days. I am still holding on to the message he left on my answering machine.

I rang again on 13/12/06 and managed to speak to “Customer Service Section”, Lenka promised me that the issue was passed on again to Tier-3 Technical Support department and that she would give me a reimbursement of £33.00 and asked me to submit copy of my phone bills to reimburse the expenses I incurred calling the Technical Support.

Again on 19/12/06, Derek in the Provisioning department assured me that my connection will be re-provisioned within 5 working days. Now I have no option other than waiting for 5 more days.

I was so happy with my previous provider and now look what happened with this "Cheap & Cheerful" service from SKY.

I know what I am doing for Christmas, I will shop around for a better ISP.

Rogue_Trooper is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Crewe
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      I thought about cancelling, but it does seem like getting the tag removed (30 long days, and no guarantee) is more of a pain than actually getting the BB service in the first place. Just like these guys here, i'm looking at a long wait for an engineer to replace tie pairs at the LLU. Kinda put a dampner on the whole Christmas thing.

Thanks
      Well 30 days is less than half of the time me and Psycho have been waiting for our wiring to be fixed. Having said that, I still have no confirmation that they received my cancellation request.

As expected I got no reply from my cancellation request to skydigital@bskyb.com. I've re-sent it but I suspect nothing will happen. I'll ring customer services again tonight I'm sure they'll tell me something different from last time.
      Last edited by Hoagie; 21-12-06 at 09:02 AM. Reason: Added 2nd paragraph. (Didn't seem worth new entry.)

Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast