Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

My Experience.

This is a discussion on My Experience. within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Well we are now into the 9th week without any resolution to the problem with the defunct card in the ...

Psycho is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: EMGDDLI
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Well we are now into the 9th week without any resolution to the problem with the defunct card in the exchange.

Lets see if we can open the debate a little.

• Who is to blame? Sky or BT

Should Sky have made more of an effort to have resolved the problem by now or are they possibly being hampered by BT?
      • How can I possibly ever get this problem resolved?

I would really really appreciate anyone who works within the Sky organisation to please help me. I have tried every possible route I can think of to get the problem resolved including sending e-mails to James Murdoch, spending hours on the phone etc etc. At present it is with escalated technical but it has been there for weeks now & still nobody can give me a resolution date.

So I'm pleading for any assistance I can get now. My ticket number is 125945 if any of you Sky people out there can look into this for me I would be forever in your debt

2. Advertisement
      Thanks

Well it looks like I'll just have to sit & wait then. If none of you guys have any ideas I don't know who will.

MattB is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Bexleyheath
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Well, I'm in a similar boat really - just coming up my third monthly 'anniversary' (tomorrow) and still nothing.

However, I did get a call from Sky last night, saying that my case should be over by the middle of this week, possibly earlier. Of course, I've heard that before, but it did sound a bit more genuine.

It was a call from James in Tier 3 (I think) - helpful chap. I suppose you can only keep raising it with Tier 3, quote your ticket number and persevere. Course, you shouldn't have to, but y'know...

Either that, or they'll forget about the case.

Thanks

Hopefully good news for you then Matt, I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

I'll keep plugging on then mate & hopefully it'll get sorted for xmas

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Well, I got a call from a lady in customer care yesterday, regailing me with what she called 'good news' - I thought it was all over for a second. Checked the router, still no green 'i' light, told her this and her reaction was 'oh, well, I'll report that back and someone will be in touch'.

Ok - fine.

Today, got a voicemail saying that it's a 'tie pairs' problem again - they'll need to organise a 'tie pairs shift' as the pair I'm on are faulty and they'll get back to me with a time frame.

Funny - I heard that a month ago. Didn't seem to fix the problem back then, if they did that work at all of course.

So, that's back to square one for the millionth time just when I thought there was light at the end of the tunnel.

I checked my local exchange information on Sam Knows - Be have now enabled their service at my local so I'm now heading towards them. More expensive, but maybe you get what you pay for. Of course, if I do go for Be, the next struggle with Sky will be getting my line cleared so I can order from Be.

Urgh.

Thanks

Why do they keep doing this to us!!

This is my major gripe with Sky, just tell us the truth for pitys sake. Stop building up our hopes with false dates, if you can't fix the problem for 2 months at least have the guts to tell us & stop messing us around

At the risk of sounding like a stuck record SOMEONE MUST KNOW what is going on relative to all of these problems, at least have the common decency & respect for your customers & tell us when we are likely to have our problems rectified.

If anyone from Sky is reading this maybe you could give us an insight to what the process of resolving problems is behind the scenes because front end it looks a complete & utter shambles in which all you ever hear is "it's BT's fault blah blah blah"

The reason I'm sitting tight Matt is that I too fear that the process of leaving Sky will be an absolute nightmare, mind you it couldn't be any worse than what we are experiencing now could it

Thanks

Well we seem to be getting somewhere, I'm not sure exactly where yet but hey ho.

Just spoke with T3 (Becky, very helpful thanks) & apparently they have found out what the actual problem is, even though for nearly 10 weeks I've been told card 13 on the DSLAM was defunct it now seems that they have a "cabling problem in the exchange which will be fixed ASAP"

Oh well, I just hope it gets done for Christmas!!

Just as a point of interest, I got through to TS on the 0800 number, got put through to T3 without any fuss as I have a ticket open with T3 & only had to wait about 10mins.

Hoagie is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Gedling (EMGDDLI)
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max/Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Back from Berlin to find I'm still connected to the BT DSLAM instead of the easynet one.

They've been told before that it's a cabling issue. They were due to do a joint visit to the exchange about a month ago but as far as I know they never did.

Maybe they've known all along what's wrong and that they can't be arsed to fix it, but keep people hanging on with lies about "Middle of next week" just to prevent the extra paperwork of people leaving.

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Well, brief update to my case - it is a tie pairs issue apparently and it SHOULD be fixed on Tuesday and all SHOULD be well with my connection.

Have heard that a million times before but I guess I'll have to wait and see.

I asked if this is a new tie pairs issue as they told me that back in early November. Chap looked back in my history and summised that it's likely that nothing was done about it back then. Wonderful.

Still, got a quick call back from Sky updating me on the timeframe for the work - Tuesday - so we'll see.

Hoagie is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Gedling (EMGDDLI)
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max/Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Did they specify which Tuesday

Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast