Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Routers - ADSL Username and Password Query

This is a discussion on Routers - ADSL Username and Password Query within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Could someone please clarify the relationship (if any) between a Broadband customer and the ADSL username and password used by ...

TerryC is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: None
      Thanks

Routers - ADSL Username and Password Query

Could someone please clarify the relationship (if any) between a Broadband customer and the ADSL username and password used by the router to get an IP address from Sky. I have had two Sagem routers (G & N) and now a Hub and they all work and yet presumably have different ADSL username/password relationships which I assume are not directly related to my account in the way I think it worked when I was with BT.

If this is the case then presumably as long as the router is regarded as valid by Sky on a connection attempt - irrespective of its age - it will always work if the firmware is supported? Additionally any router would work from any Sky serviced customer (assuming they're on the same or similar package.)

Or have I (probably) got that completely wrong?

Thanks

2. Advertisement
      Scubbie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: 02392
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,140 Times in 2,017 Posts

Re: Routers - ADSL Username and Password Query

Basically that is all correct TerryC.

If I were to unplug my router and plug it at a friend's place who has Sky Broadband, then it would work there too.

Many people sell their Sky routers on eBay. Provided that they are not using the extracted log in details or had the router locked out, then all will be fine. Sky rarely locks a router out from the database. Typically this is done when the subscriber failed to pay the last bill.

Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro: Connected at 80,000 kbps / 20,000 kbps
      Previous ADSL2+ Speed 19999 kbps 1153 kbps, Line Attenuation 17.5 db 6.9 db, Noise Margin 7.5 dB 8.7 dB
      Speedtest: 17.15MB/s 0.97Mb/s Ping 31 ms

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Scubbie For This Useful Post:

TerryC (07-02-13)