Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sky Technical Support

This is a discussion on Sky Technical Support within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Just wanted to let you know that I think that sky technical support appear to be keeping their promises! I ...

pingpong is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Sky Technical Support

Just wanted to let you know that I think that sky technical support appear to be keeping their promises! I had problems last night in the fact that I couldn't get any web pages at all. I was able to connect both wirelessly and via ethernet (yellow cable), it said my signal strength was excellent and that I was connected. I was able to get onto the router page (192.168.0.1) last night but unfortunately not this morning. Any way the point of this post is that the sky tech guy told me that someone would call me back in 5 days from Tier 3 dept. (whatever that is?)

I wasn't very happy that I had been on the phone for so long and that technical support were unable to help me, the tech guy promised that someone would call me back. I'm at work now but I'm able to check the messages on my home phone, I've just checked and can't believe that there was a voicemail left by a Tier 3 guy at 11.30am saying that he's made some adjustments and that it should all be working again now. I was really pleased that they actually phoned back and in a much shorter time than they said. I know they are really busy but I didn't dream I'd get a call back. Hopefully when I get home the issue will be resolved, if not I'll just have to go through it with Tech support again, if they can't help me then I'll be back on here tomorrow.

Hopefully this is a sign of things to come and that they are really trying to improve their customer services. I have also noticed that I'm managing to get through to speak to people pretty quickly now too!

COME ON SKY

2. Advertisement
      markyb is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: orrell
      Broadband ISP: connect
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      hope you are right
      just come off phone to cs and i been told they will get tier 2 to call me sometime in next 5 days

Keiran2K8 is offline Skyuser Serial Spammer
      Exchange: Redditch
      Broadband ISP: Max & VM VIP-85 & Be* Pro
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Blog Entries
      Quote Originally Posted by markyb View Post
      hope you are right
      just come off phone to cs and i been told they will get tier 2 to call me sometime in next 5 days
      They most probablly will!

Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Blog Entries
      Quote Originally Posted by pingpong View Post
      Just wanted to let you know that I think that sky technical support appear to be keeping their promises! I had problems last night in the fact that I couldn't get any web pages at all. I was able to connect both wirelessly and via ethernet (yellow cable), it said my signal strength was excellent and that I was connected. I was able to get onto the router page (192.168.0.1) last night but unfortunately not this morning. Any way the point of this post is that the sky tech guy told me that someone would call me back in 5 days from Tier 3 dept. (whatever that is?)

I wasn't very happy that I had been on the phone for so long and that technical support were unable to help me, the tech guy promised that someone would call me back. I'm at work now but I'm able to check the messages on my home phone, I've just checked and can't believe that there was a voicemail left by a Tier 3 guy at 11.30am saying that he's made some adjustments and that it should all be working again now. I was really pleased that they actually phoned back and in a much shorter time than they said. I know they are really busy but I didn't dream I'd get a call back. Hopefully when I get home the issue will be resolved, if not I'll just have to go through it with Tech support again, if they can't help me then I'll be back on here tomorrow.

Hopefully this is a sign of things to come and that they are really trying to improve their customer services. I have also noticed that I'm managing to get through to speak to people pretty quickly now too!

COME ON SKY
      Sky isnt that BAD! Just hope that they dont start moving essential parts of he Customer Service to foreign countries which starts to create communicational errors between the customer and the advisor!

KeefeFox is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: North Cheam
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      CS said Tier 3 would phone me within 48 hours, 2 weeks ago.

I'm still waiting.

Keith

Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Blog Entries
      @KeefeFox, You might want to contact them! When the C/S Advisors say they will pass your details on they may have forgotten to do so, Or just not bothered!

Alfie is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Not on Sky
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Tier 2 are the only ones that will more than likely phone you back.

Tier 3 are inundated.

Tier 1 do not do call backs.

dada is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Base
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by Alfie View Post
      Tier 2 are the only ones that will more than likely phone you back.

Tier 3 are inundated.

Tier 1 do not do call backs.
      tier 1 can only do basic checks, tier 3 is snowed under

ARH
      ARH is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      I've found Sky Technical Services to be pretty good now after a bit of a shaky start. We should thank our lucky stars we're not with NTL

Barolo is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Isleworth, Middlesex
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      I was promised a call back from tier 3 within 7 days and they called back today just inside the 7 days so they kept my expectations.

They didn't call my mobile as I requested on my original ticket so I missed their call but at least they are trying their best, so we should perhaps give them a break as there must be some farily serious general problems around the setup as it seems that everyone is having to reboot their routers everyday. At least we are not on orange broadband !, see story at: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/6058154.stm

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast