Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Waiting for line activation....and waiting...

This is a discussion on Waiting for line activation....and waiting... within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; I have read through some of the messages and realise I am not alone here. But I am confused about ...

Rocky is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Unhappy Waiting for line activation....and waiting...

I have read through some of the messages and realise I am not alone here. But I am confused about what to do as I have received so many conflicting messages from Sky, I think I am going mad. Can anyone advise?

I am currently with Plusnet and got my MAC code from them and passed this to Sky on the 4th September. I received a letter confirming my activation date was 20th September and an engineer was visiting on the 25th September to install the hardware and get me up and running.

The first thing I noticed and thought was odd, was that I expected my Plusnet to die on the 20th and to be offline for 5 days until the engineer arrived. It didn't and I was happily browsing away with Plusnet on the 25th when the Sky man called. He spent the best part of 2 hours at my house trying to get it all to work and finally realised that I hadn't had my line activated. I was somehow unsurprised, but happy that at least I wasn't without broadband as I still could use Plusnet.

I called the helpline who told me there had been a small delay and to expect a virtually instant transition from Plusnet to Sky over the coming "few days" as the line "marker" was changed from one to the other. I then found I was being charged the 10pm by Sky and expressed my obvious dissatisfaction, whereupon one chap agreed to refund this to me - I haven't checked if this has happened yet. Other helpline people were adamant I wasn't being charged as my line was still yet to be activated.

It is now October 17th. I am posting this still connected to Plusnet. I have called Sky 7 times inbetween and each person tells me that the line is awaiting activation and that their facility to check on progress has been taken away from them, so they cannot help me any more.

One chap gave me the number of BT Wholesale and told me to call them and complain. I have lost the number though! Is this a useful process and does anyone know the number for me please?

What should I do next, is it worth cranking up my phone bill to keep chasing this? Should I just cancel it all and demand a refund of any costs incurred thus far? Or should I just leave matters alone in the expectation that after 4 weeks of waiting, my problem should resolve itself? There does not seem to be a place to raise concerns or complaints, either web-based or email based - it seems premium rate phone lines are the only way and this does make me quite cross!

Your advice will be much appreciated and thanks a million in advance.

2. Advertisement
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

I know I'm responding to my own post, but I decided to call Sky again just now to see if there was any more news. A very nice lady kept me on hold for a few minutes whilst she checked with the "provisioning team". She then came back and informed me that my line, after 4 weeks, had still not been "provisioned" (not sure what this means to be honest?) and that the team were escalating their attempts to resolve the issue.

She also said I was not being charged (despite the last guy telling me had authorised a refund!) and that she could not give any timescales for a satisfactory conclusion. I asked if I should ring BTW and she said not to as this wouldn't help - contrary to the last guy again.

Any clues?

Keiran2K8 is offline Skyuser Serial Spammer
      Exchange: Redditch
      Broadband ISP: Max & VM VIP-85 & Be* Pro
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Blog Entries
      Alot of the "Connecting" problems are BT's errors and Sky can only place - re-place the order with BT!

Rocky, Are you stil paying for PlusNet! ?

Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by FibreOptic View Post
      Rocky, Are you stil paying for PlusNet! ?
      Thanks for the reply. Yes, I am still paying and just had notification of the latest monthly sub from them by email.

I'm in Redditch too by the way - are you up and running ok?

Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Blog Entries
      Im running fine, With constant speeds of 12-15mb! Im only just by Kingfisher Centre!

Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Perhaps we're on a different exchange then, I don't know. Either way, if they have connected you ok, why on earth should they have problems with me?

Oh well, guess I have to keep waiting. And waiting.....

Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Blog Entries
      Which part of Redditch are you,

Astwood Bank, Woodrow, Church-Hill! This will help as you may be connected to a different exchange!

Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

I'm in Brockhill, so NW Redditch.

My Plusnet connection was removed last week, so I thought I would be connected to Sky now....but I am still waiting. It truly is unbelievable.