Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

What is my Password

This is a discussion on What is my Password within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Ive had my line activated to 8mb but Sky still haven't delivered my router and they can't tell me when ...

LexLuthor is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

What is my Password

Ive had my line activated to 8mb but Sky still haven't delivered my router and they can't tell me when it will be sent. I know the account has been created so my question is what would my Sky password be, all I received from Sky is my username, I asked Sky if they can reset my password but they said we can't reset passwords and haven't been able to since Septermber and don't know when this will be resolved. Did you all get posted your Sky password or was it configured into the router, I found their customer service and helpdesk useless so far and get told different stuff each time I call. Please help!

2. Advertisement
      Barolo is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Isleworth, Middlesex
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      You need to wait until you receive your router as the userid and password are inbuilt into the router and sky will not tell you what the adsl userid and password are.

I think this is to prevent you using your own router. Once you get your router, you can configure some of the settings by accessing the router and logging in as admin with a password of sky.

Be patient for the router and call them on the 0800 number which is posted in the faq rather than paying for staying on hold.

Exchange:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

I am confused, what would happen if I hard reset the sky router wouldn't I lose my username/password?

Does anyone know why you can't use your own router?

If I would known SkyBroadband would of been this much hard work I wouldn't of bothered. I have now been without broaband for 3 weeks, I thought the process might of gone smoothly considering I was using UKOnline which as most of you know is on an Easynet server.
      Last edited by LexLuthor; 17-10-06 at 03:13 PM.

Exchange:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Sky sent me out a router by courier today and its now been received, I will hopefully be connected tonight, but I won't hold my breath.