Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

When/how should I start ball rolling?

This is a discussion on When/how should I start ball rolling? within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Hi there, I am considering moving from BT Option 3 to SKYBB Mid. I am ~3km from my exchange (Welwyn ...

austinjreid is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: EMGRTFO
      Broadband ISP: BT
      Router: SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+
      Thanks

When/how should I start ball rolling?

Hi there,

I am considering moving from BT Option 3 to SKYBB Mid. I am ~3km from my exchange (Welwyn Garden) and with BT only get 1MB. Ok, so I know I prob wouldn't be able to get 8MB with skys LLU, hence not going for the Max package but why pay 27 to BT when I can just pay 5 to sky (I am a full sky+ plus two boxes subscriber) with the possibility of the LLU line syncing at maybe a little more then 1MB?

So my 12 months with BT is up on 1st Dec in a few weeks, my signup code from sky has expired so I've re-registered for another.
      Yes I could try to get sync'd with BTs new Total MAX packages but that means another 12months!

Anyone know the notice I have to give BT to cancel the broadband package, and anyone got any ideas about when I should start requesting MAC and signing up for skyBB etc.

Thanks,
      Austin.

2. Advertisement
      kkhalil76 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by austinjreid View Post
      why pay 27 to BT when I can just pay 5 to sky
      Because you're currently online and if you choose to switch you may risk staying offline for ages (5 weeks for me, similar for many other on this forum), unless you get lucky that is. I'd wait till Sky is up and running (currently far from it) before cancelling anything.

austinjreid is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: EMGRTFO
      Broadband ISP: BT
      Router: SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+
      Thanks

@kkhalil76 - Thanks, I understand your response, just read through your experiences - I do not envy one bit, I hope it get sorted soon!

I already pay sky 63.50/month for my tv package. If I order BB and they screw it up then I'll be cancelling the lot without hesitation. 4months of sky subs would pay nicely for a freeview PVR.
      I've already had one sky+ hard disk fail out of warranty and it would have been cheaper to buy a standalone PVR than to get a new one sorted out by sky (Mr Murdoch had a very strong email and recorded delivery letter sent to him)
      Last edited by austinjreid; 17-10-06 at 04:22 PM. Reason: typo

craigiusmaximus is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Mexborough (SLMEX)
      Broadband ISP: Not on Sky
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Im looking at moving to sky too but think ill wait a little longer it should fall right as my exchange isnt enabled for sky yet i dont think

Keiran2K8 is offline Skyuser Serial Spammer
      Exchange: Redditch
      Broadband ISP: Max & VM VIP-85 & Be* Pro
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Blog Entries
      Quote Originally Posted by austinjreid View Post
      Hi there,

I am considering moving from BT Option 3 to SKYBB Mid. I am ~3km from my exchange (Welwyn Garden) and with BT only get 1MB. Ok, so I know I prob wouldn't be able to get 8MB with skys LLU, hence not going for the Max package but why pay 27 to BT when I can just pay 5 to sky (I am a full sky+ plus two boxes subscriber) with the possibility of the LLU line syncing at maybe a little more then 1MB?

So my 12 months with BT is up on 1st Dec in a few weeks, my signup code from sky has expired so I've re-registered for another.
      Yes I could try to get sync'd with BTs new Total MAX packages but that means another 12months!

Anyone know the notice I have to give BT to cancel the broadband package, and anyone got any ideas about when I should start requesting MAC and signing up for skyBB etc.

Thanks,
      Austin.
      Wait till the end of your contract then you could see if anyone else goes with Sky in your area then you could do some research into their experience etc etc!

Keiran2K8 is offline Skyuser Serial Spammer
      Exchange: Redditch
      Broadband ISP: Max & VM VIP-85 & Be* Pro
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Blog Entries
      Quote Originally Posted by craigiusmaximus View Post
      Im looking at moving to sky too but think ill wait a little longer it should fall right as my exchange isnt enabled for sky yet i dont think
      Sky Broadband or TV and Broadband! Apparantly you can only order your broadband after your 2nd month of having Sky TV!

craigiusmaximus is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Mexborough (SLMEX)
      Broadband ISP: Not on Sky
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by FibreOptic View Post
      Sky Broadband or TV and Broadband! Apparantly you can only order your broadband after your 2nd month of having Sky TV!
      I already have the TV Full package!

Edd
      Edd is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: EMHINCK
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Patience is a virtue!

I would suggest that you wait until the Sky organisation has sorted out all areas of their broadband service before you consider switching to Sky Broadband. I believe that when fully sorted Sky Broadband will be a good, cost effective service and that is why I have put up with the continuing disconnection, variable speed problems, etc since I signed up back in August. If I had known what was going to happen I would not have been so hasty to switch to Sky Broadband.

Zipie is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by FibreOptic View Post

Not true, i got sky tv and then got my band code the week after...