Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Please help me, i cannot connect to the internet after 4 days of setting up router!!

This is a discussion on Please help me, i cannot connect to the internet after 4 days of setting up router!! within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Hi guys, ive been informed that you are the people that can help me, as the sky tech help on ...

edgarjavids is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Please help me, i cannot connect to the internet after 4 days of setting up router!!

Hi guys,

ive been informed that you are the people that can help me, as the sky tech help on the phone was absolutely poor and im getting sick and tired of going through the same procedures over and over again.

on saturday the 14th october the sky engineer came round, fit in my router. in my network connections, the LAN says its connected, however when i open my web browser, after a slight delay of trying to load a page, it cannot load up any pages. it just gives me an error message to do with something about not being able to connect to the server.

my bt broadband was supposed to go off on the 9th of october but i was still using it up until the 13th. sky claim they activated my line on the 10th. I dont know if thats possible? even last night they did tests while i was on the phone and still claimed the line was active.

at the time, the 192.168.0.1 website wasnt working.

after about 2 hours the guy on the phone told me to go and bring up the command screen, and type in "netsh interface ip reset resetlog.txt"

once that was done i restarted my computer and then loaded up my browser again.this the browser did the same thing but loaded up immediately, saying the website may be suffering techinical difficulties or my broswer settings need to be changed. the guy then told me to type in the 192.168.0.1 and this time a username and password box came up.

after doing that the netgear website came up and the guy asked me to click disconnect and then reconnect and also runn the sky test. after that the
      guy told me there is a national outage at the moment (at 0.30 hours)
      this has been the worst experience i have ever had with connecting to the internet, sky have been no help at all sending me from number to number and im considering just going back to bt.
      ?can you please help me

2. Advertisement
      Exchange:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

by the way, when i got on the netgear website, there was no Ip address or nething like that. when i was told to disconnect and connect again, the box still said disconnect, and something about LCP is allowed to come up

Exchange:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

can anyone help me? please, i need my bradband running as soon as possible due to my university studies. i cant afford to go on for much longer, any help woud be much appreciated...

Amaboknaai is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01276 Camberley
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro
      Router: Asus RT-AC68U
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Edgar

A few questions:

1. Is the little "i" light lit up on your router? If not, then you do not have a live syn and are not yet connected.
      2. If it is on, when you connect to 192.168.0.1 please have a look at your connection statistics (line speed / noise margin / SNR) and post here.
      3. Have you checked at BT's webpage for the status of your order here at http://www2.bt.com/btPortal/applicat....ordertracking

If there are any outstanding BT orders on your line, then you have not had your Sky BB finalised and you are NOT connected, either.

If you have answered YES to question 1 above, and followed 2 and 3 above and have garnered the necessary information, then and ONLY then follow the information below:

Post results of what you see from running the following commands from the command line:

ipconfig /all

then

ping 192.168.0.1

then

ping www.google.co.uk

then

nslookup www.google.co.uk

Once you have done this, PM me and I will look at your results and help you through. If this has been the worst experience of your life, then be concerned...

boab2791 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Lennoxtown (WSLEX)
      Broadband ISP: Talk Talk
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      If the "i" light is not lit it could also be a duff router, as my first router the "i" light did not come on and the router maintained it was negotiating. Plugged my old router back in and the "i" light came on.

If your "i" light is not on, plug your old router/modem back in and see if it will at least show adsl is present on the line by syncing to the exchange although if sky is active on your line you wont be able to surf the net.

If the router is faulty your looking at a 3 to 5 day wait for replacement, possibly more.

Exchange:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

hi the thing is i cannot connect to the internet through my home computer because the sky router just doesnt let me connect.so im replying through a neighbours computer. the 'i' light is on and working.there are no outstanding orders on my bt line,im going to try the command thing you told me about now

thanks for your help guys!

Keiran2K8 is offline Skyuser Serial Spammer
      Exchange: Redditch
      Broadband ISP: Max & VM VIP-85 & Be* Pro
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Blog Entries
      If the order isnt on the BT Systems then Sky may/may-not have placed an order with BT yet!

Also my "i" light was on from the day I got the router, My connection only went live 2days before the activation date!