Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Like Tree3Likes

Congested exchange list.

This is a discussion on Congested exchange list. within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Nice result Badger. All this positive feedback is getting a desired result which is to get everything working well once ...

Scubbie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: 02392
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Q Hub ER110
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,194 Times in 2,064 Posts

Re: Congested exchange list.

Nice result Badger.

All this positive feedback is getting a desired result which is to get everything working well once more.

Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro: Connected at 80,000 kbps / 20,000 kbps
      Previous ADSL2+ Speed 19999 kbps 1153 kbps, Line Attenuation 17.5 db 6.9 db, Noise Margin 7.5 dB 8.7 dB
      Speedtest: 17.15MB/s 0.97Mb/s Ping 31 ms

2. Advertisement
      coipu is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: EADER
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: pfSense 2.3.4(i386)
      Sky TV: Cord Cut
      Thanks

Im on EADER exchange and my ping is fluctuating between 55 and over 200 and my speed can be 38Mbps on one test then 12Mbps 10 mins later. It has been like this for weeks, also sky are nearly uncontactable, I get disconnected every time they switch to fibre team.

Dazza115 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

I had jumped the gun with my report, it was stable for a few days but once sunday came it hit rock bottom again and has been the same since. Guess it was just a small bit of respite as somebody went on holiday and turned the pc off.

cjbee is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2304n
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Scubbie View Post
      I have been asked to feed back any information regarding those who may have been affected by this but whose exchanges are not on the current list. Please double check that you exchange hasn't been added first please as the list has been updated in the app on the Sky site. The link is at the top of the 1st post in this thread.

I am looking to show confirmed drops in speed during specific times of day (i.e. when the backhaul is busy), and normal speeds before and after.

I will also need to know your telephone Exchanges code. Please refer to the website SamKnows for this (Link below) if you do not already know.

SamKnows - Telephone Exchange Search

Thank you.
      Hi,

I have been having problems for a few weeks and have an open ticket with Sky. Tonight I was told the Network team (?) has confirmed a congested exchange, but it's not affected according to postcode checker. I'm at WNSY (Shrewsbury).

I would post results but not sure how to do the techie bit. Needless to say, drops off in the evenings and at random times at weekend. Should be getting around 13mbps and when i do speedtest.net it peaks at 3mbps, then gradually drops off.

Cjbee

6. The Following User Says Thank You to cjbee For This Useful Post:

Scubbie (13-02-13)

badger_rs350 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: SLHLG
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Just a quick update to inform that it looks like congestion issues in my area are finally getting resolved.

Sky Help Forum - Think you've got congestion issues? List your exch... - Page 3 - Help & Support from the Official Sky Forum

Since last Tuesday I have witnessed no slow throughput at peak periods so it's like a breath of fresh air when I've been suffering since November 12.

At 13.7Mbps download I'm not quite at the peak I've experienced before but I guess that's for another time, I'm just pleased to have a useable service back again for now.

As a footnote, I see some of the major players on here have been putting in appearances on the official forum.

Well done guys and gals, it can be a thankless task and I for one appreciate your efforts.

You really do outshine some of the 'community support' staff on there.
      Scubbie likes this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12