Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast
    Like Tree10Likes

Firmware 6.14.2a4N_UNI causing ADSL drop outs?

This is a discussion on Firmware 6.14.2a4N_UNI causing ADSL drop outs? within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Hi - does anyone know when version 6.14.2a4N_UNI started rolling out for the Sagemcom F@ST2504n? I suspect mine was updated ...

TerryC is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: None
      Thanks

Firmware 6.14.2a4N_UNI causing ADSL drop outs?

Hi - does anyone know when version 6.14.2a4N_UNI started rolling out for the Sagemcom F@ST2504n?

I suspect mine was updated last week when the router rebooted in the middle of the night. Since then I've had frequent ADSL disconnections. Tried master socket tests all the usual stuff (with a perfectly quiet line.) Sky are looking and am now waiting for a tier 2 support callback. I'm sure this has something to do with the firmware upgrade - there are many others with this problem on this and other forums. Sky halved my speed to see if that helps which it hasn't - bit of cop out solution really.

Thanks

2. Advertisement
      mattan is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: SSSWN
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Re: Firmware 6.14.2a4N_UNI causing ADSL drop outs?

Ooo. I think I've got this problem too. Mine started disconnecting a couple of week's ago. Initially I thought it was my VPN causing issues as it dropped 3-4 times in an hour. However, I've noticed that it has dropped during the day when I've not been at home.

I've not phoned Sky yet!

Scubbie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: 02392
      Router: Sky Q Hub ER110
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,195 Times in 2,065 Posts

With this change of seasons and the bad weather at the moment, could you check the line between your home and the green street cabinet please. Is it close to any trees laden with snow which could be brushing against the overhead cables?

Also when you listened to your telephone, was it a corded phone? DECT phone tend to silence or introduce noise so are not suitable for checking the line quality. It is also worth listening for any crackling.

Another thing which could affect the line is something known as REIN. If your telephone line goes close to a fault street light or traffic signals, this can affect things. Please read the article in the link below for more about REIN:

::. Kitz - REIN .::

Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro: Connected at 80,000 kbps / 20,000 kbps
      Previous ADSL2+ Speed 19999 kbps 1153 kbps, Line Attenuation 17.5 db 6.9 db, Noise Margin 7.5 dB 8.7 dB
      Speedtest: 17.15MB/s 0.97Mb/s Ping 31 ms

Exchange:
      Thanks

Thanks for your reply.

U/G from cabinet to ground level DP, U/G to house. No REIN issues either. Corded phone into master socket.
      Rock solid ADSL for 3 years with Sky until last week after router self rebooted in the early hours - link would never drop. Router stats always had WAN uptime into 000's of hours unless I rebooted it. This is a Sky issue - see Sky Customer Forum, Thinkbroadband etc. plenty of others with the same problem in recent days.

Thanks

I've taken a little look at the Sky forums to see if there is a trend developing and so far I've only come across one thread which might be similar to yours.

Sky Help Forum - Constant disconnecting - Help & Support from the Official Sky Forum

There are a few other threads with disconnections, but this is a frequently described issue, so it would need to be looked into properly first. Broken telephone lines are the most common cause, with things such as REIN, faulty filters and dodgy ADSL leads also contributing.

Previous ADSL2+ Speed 19999 kbps 1153 kbps, Line Attenuation 17.5 db 6.9 db, Noise Margin 7.5 dB 8.7 dB

terry_gardener is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

good luck with SKY

i have been getting drop outs every night between about 5pm - 8am and the connection will only last upto 20 mins.

i have now phoned sky about 10-12 times and had an engineer out and getting another engineer (REIN) on Thursday.

things that have happened so far. use test socket, new filter and reset router few times. sky have done line tests about 5 times

engineer has replaced parts in the cabinet and also fitted pre-filtered faceplate and still get the same problem.

i have also mentioned that there is lots of people on forums that are having the same problem and it all seems to have started since the firmware upgrade. they said if it was firmware problem it would affect the wifi signal not ADSL drop outs and they have seem there forum posts and they say that my fault is different, how i don't know.

about a week ago they upped the snr to 11.5 from 6.5 and it stablised the connection so i suggested this and they said snr wouldn't cause drop outs.

i will see what the REIN engineer says on Thursday.

Exchange:
      Thanks

@terry_gardener

I doubt Sky would admit to a generic problem, and I suspect that the vast majority of customers are probably not aware of intermittent drops or still have the previous firmware version 5.23.1a4N (ADSL Firmware Version A2pD030n.d23b) I note the new Firmware version now reports ADSL DHCP lease renewals every 30 minutes in the router log which it never used to, it's often just after one of these that mine drops. So clearly something has changed on the ADSL side as the its firmware version is different as well - now at A2pD035g.d23j1

Thanks

If we can show a collection of identical issues, like we have with the Denon issue for example, then Sky does take note.

What we need to do first is to establish that there is a common link and that all the normal fault finding options have been exhausted.

In case you aren't aware, I recently joined the Super User group on the Sky forums. This gives me a new avenue to direct specific issues directly to the Sky support team. I used the Beta group which I was in at the time to raise the Denon issue when it was first raised here. I now have the ability to do likewise with other issues now in a different private forum.

Of course if members can resolve issues here, it is better for us all.

Regarding the Lease Renewals, this was hidden previously and is now recorded in the logs of the router. Sky are currently playing with these settings too and many have experienced problems with this.

Exchange:
      Thanks

@Scubbie

Thanks for the insight. When you say "Regarding the Lease Renewals, this was hidden previously and is now recorded in the logs of the router. Sky are currently playing with these settings too and many have experienced problems with this." What sort of problems are you referring to - could this be indicative of the problems seen with dropped connections?

Thanks

A few have complained on this forum that their connections were dropping every hour. It was shown in the logs that the lease renewal was the issue. Since then the times were shortened once more.

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast