Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 63k members.

Apple Airport Extreme w/ Draytek Vigor 120

This is a discussion on Apple Airport Extreme w/ Draytek Vigor 120 within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Hi I have signed up to hopefully gain a bit of knowledge, (to hopefully give some back to other members ...

elliothalloran is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01924
      Broadband ISP: Talk Talk
      Router: Apple Airport Extreme
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box

Apple Airport Extreme w/ Draytek Vigor 120

I have signed up to hopefully gain a bit of knowledge, (to hopefully give some back to other members in other topics); as to how my setup will change when we soon change over to Sky BB from Talk Talk. Our connection is over ADSL2+ & currently runs with a Draytek Vigor 120 modem hooked up to a Apple Airport Extreme.

What I would like to know is some of the different options available after searching the forums it has become a bit confusing to me.

In an ideal world I would like to stick with my current setup & just gain the username & password of the hub when we get it sent to us (i heard people get cut off, is this common & can they find out easily?)

The 2nd best option to me would to use the Sky Hub as a modem & router (in office) but then expand the whole network with the Airport over wireless placed at the other side of the house (in bedroom), keeping one big wireless network with the same ssid which devices will switch from router to router depending on best signal.

Am i a bit in the clouds with the 2nd option???? haha

Any help would be much appreciated as we love our Airport & have had stellar performance & no issues since getting it.

Many Thanks!!!!!

2. Advertisement
      Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Central Scotland
      Thanked 1,624 Times in 1,586 Posts

Re: Apple Airport Extreme w/ Draytek Vigor 120

Although it is against the T & Cs there are a great many using their own router, this would be your best way by far. To our knowledge no one has ever been cut off for using their own kit. Some have claimed this but in all cases there has been a different reason.

If you have the new Sky Hub getting the password can be a bit difficult, but not impossible. See this thread for details. - How to get the Username and Password for the Sky Hub SR101

If you have the older Sagem N router, then it is fairly easy, just put the details into this site. - Sky router password generator

In the mean time if you just want to connect the AE to the Sky router, have a look here for some guidance. - How to connect two Routers together If the AE can be configured to work as a wireless extender then you may get this to work with wireless, but usually an ethernet or homeplug connection is required.

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

Inssider 2/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.