Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

It's that (activation) day... again!

This is a discussion on It's that (activation) day... again! within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Hello there! I've been quiet for a couple of weeks, as i've given up moaning. I've figured I don't have ...

reech is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Penn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

It's that (activation) day... again!

Hello there!

I've been quiet for a couple of weeks, as i've given up moaning. I've figured I don't have the right to moan, since I'm not a custoemr yet

I'm stil using my AOL connection... and today is my (third) activation date - so any time up until midnight tonight!

I've got me new Sky router sitting to one side, so I'll try that out later - I've heard tales that some people manage to stay connected on their old line, if the cease date is a little while later...

Anyway - I haven't received a letter this time, so I'm hoping it's still on. I do know that people posted a BT order tracker a while back, and I can't find the link. Last time I've looked there, I had no orders on my line (apparently, BT were not picking up the orders from Sky) - so if anyone has that, I'd appreciate it, so I can have a little look.

If nothing's there, I know that someone's telling porkies again!

Still - it means another month of cash for AOL, and another month of me wittering on...

*crosses fingers*

Tonight...

2. Advertisement
      Thanks

Ah - I found the thread that had the directions to the 'check your BT line' thing!

http://www2.bt.com/btPortal/applicat....ordertracking

Okay - I've actually checked that...

...and there's nothing for my order on there - just something back in September when I changed to BT eBill.

So - Sky have given me three dates - 18th Sep, 4th October, now 16th October, and have not placed the order with BT at any point.

I think I can see the problem here I wonder if they'll believe me when I tell them?

Thanks

Oh dear...

Apparently, according to the guy I was just chatting to, the status of the account and orders for me are incomprehensible; there's loads of useless notes and the like.

He's fully cancelled the sky order (which may take from 5-30 days). I will then need to place a new order, and get AOL to generate a new mac code.

I asked when it became apparent that they were going to be unable to perform the required actions, and he said ' the day after you last called'. I did ask why they hadn't called me to let me know, but sadly the poor lad didn't have that response programmed into him

He was very calm and helpful, so I'll leave it a week, and then try and do a new order.

NewsreadeR is offline Site Founder
      Exchange: Marshalls Cross
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Blog Entries
      reech - You are extremely patient - a good quality - Good luck!

~ Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience ~

Follow us on Twitter @skyuser

laulp5 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      I feel your pain! I am in a similar situation, but in a later stage. It's been 38 days since the order was cancelled now and it's still apparently pending, so I can't reorder yet! I too have never had an order showing on the BT tracker.

Be sure to check the status of any order every week or so because it's true : Sky seem to tell you nothing without you phoning them first!

Good luck!
      Last edited by laulp5; 16-10-06 at 09:12 PM.

Keiran2K8 is offline Skyuser Serial Spammer
      Exchange: Redditch
      Broadband ISP: Max & VM VIP-85 & Be* Pro
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Blog Entries
      Quote Originally Posted by reech View Post
      Oh dear...

Apparently, according to the guy I was just chatting to, the status of the account and orders for me are incomprehensible; there's loads of useless notes and the like.

He's fully cancelled the sky order (which may take from 5-30 days). I will then need to place a new order, and get AOL to generate a new mac code.

I asked when it became apparent that they were going to be unable to perform the required actions, and he said ' the day after you last called'. I did ask why they hadn't called me to let me know, but sadly the poor lad didn't have that response programmed into him

He was very calm and helpful, so I'll leave it a week, and then try and do a new order.
      lol, You are very patient! Ask them for a discount of some sort, Free for 3months like on their TV Deals!

Thanks

I'm in a fortunate position, touch wood. Because they never placed the order properly, my previous provider (AOL) is still working. I can, therefore, afford to be generous with my patience.

I'm not *really* loosing anything, since I've never connected to the service. However, someone does need a little punishment, although I'm not willing to take it out on the staff.

I will ask, once this is all resolved, for a goodwill gesture of at least one months difference between the Sky rate of 10 and the AOL rate of 30. It's not the individual &staffs* fault, but sadly, the only way companies learn is if you're firm and hit 'em in the pocket.

But I'll double my chances of not appearing like a nasty sod until it's up and running

Keiran2K8 is offline Skyuser Serial Spammer
      Exchange: Redditch
      Broadband ISP: Max & VM VIP-85 & Be* Pro
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Blog Entries
      you do that! they dont know that you dont get alot of people like you!

Great one Mate!

Fingers Crossed, it does get sorted!
      Last edited by NewsreadeR; 19-10-06 at 11:27 PM.

Thanks

Well, I'll resist the urge to call on Friday - I'll give them the full week to resolve the cancel.