Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

ports stopped working Sagemcom F@ST2504n

This is a discussion on ports stopped working Sagemcom F@ST2504n within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Hi skyuser people, I know that even carrier pigeons and ouija boards won't get info about ports out of sky ...

Hatamoto is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: 2TB Sky+HD box
      Thanks

ports stopped working Sagemcom F@ST2504n

Hi skyuser people,

I know that even carrier pigeons and ouija boards won't get info about ports out of sky so I thought I'd put it to you lovely people here first before I dig in for a day on the phone to them.

I was using several ports for many gaming reasons perfectly since I joined almost a year ago and then a few days back I noticed that they had stopped working.

I have changed nothing in my Sagem 2504n for months and was happy enough with it for what it is.

I rarely get disconnections but noticed I have had a disconnection and a firmware update.

My set up now reads:

Sagemcom
      F@ST2504n
      6.14.2a4N_UNI
      A2pD035g.d23j1

Things worked fine for me when I was on 6.14.1a4N_UNI

After some checking out, setting up different ports (none of which i could get to work) and visits to port checking sites, I called 2 friends who also have the same router on sky and they too have this latest firmware and can no longer use ports.

Has anything like this been mentioned here? and what would you suggest I do?

Can sky roll it back? and if so, is it just a case of calling them and asking?

Many thanks

Hatamoto

2. Advertisement
      Scubbie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: 02392
      Router: Sky Q Hub ER110
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,194 Times in 2,064 Posts

Re: ports stopped working Sagemcom F@ST2504n

Several members have reported that they too have this new version. You are the first to have complained that the ports are no longer working though.

Do take a read of this thread and only if you are interested, join the others and install the customised version:

Custom Firmware for Sagemcom 2504N (Based on Sky 6.14.2a4N_UNI)

Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro: Connected at 80,000 kbps / 20,000 kbps
      Previous ADSL2+ Speed 19999 kbps 1153 kbps, Line Attenuation 17.5 db 6.9 db, Noise Margin 7.5 dB 8.7 dB
      Speedtest: 17.15MB/s 0.97Mb/s Ping 31 ms

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Scubbie For This Useful Post:

Hatamoto (02-01-13)

Exchange:
      Thanks

Thanks for the reply Scubbie.

I will take a look at that.

The simplest way for me to get this fixed is a roll back to the previous firmware version.

Do sky roll back your router on request?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hatamoto View Post
      Do sky roll back your router on request?
      Not normally. However the last update had many issues, so they did make the previous version available for many people.

Previous ADSL2+ Speed 19999 kbps 1153 kbps, Line Attenuation 17.5 db 6.9 db, Noise Margin 7.5 dB 8.7 dB

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Scubbie For This Useful Post:

Hatamoto (03-01-13)

Exchange:
      Thanks

I decided to take up the Sky Hub SR101 deal they are doing currently instead of wasting even more time on this problem. I had no response from sky to my email and the first telephone agent hung up on me when she couldn't find anyone technical enough (after being on hold for 25 mins)

40 quid to have everything as it was and some peace of mind is probably not a bad deal.

I filled out a sky survey online yesterday and suggested they give all the top contributors on this forum control of their customer service and 6 figure salaries to boot.

Once again, thanks for all your help Scubbie.

Hatamoto

Thanks

No problem.

I am kind of upset that there appears to be a couple of issues with this new firmware. I haven't been able to check up on the Sky forums yet, but please feel welcome to do so yourself.

With regards to the Sky Hub, at the moment it is very close to the Sagem 2504N in terms of performance, but the current firmware works well.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Scubbie For This Useful Post:

Hatamoto (04-01-13)

Exchange:
      Thanks

I think if it was about anything else, I'd have got this sorted very quickly but because they won't even discuss ports in any respect, sky make you feel as if you're banging your head against a wall. It's almost as if they've had that information erased from their brains and we're the idiots if we mention it.

They were satisfied that as long as I still have an internet connection that works, which I do, then they are not responsible for anything else and the fact they don't support anything to do with ports then that basically clears it all up for them.

I even said "My router was working fine and sky made it lose functionality, surely you understand that?" they didn't!

Anyhow, the latest on this is that sky gave a new hub to one of the friends I mentioned in my first post for free!...and I had to pay despite having used sky since the late 80s and subscribing to more things than him.

I will be asking them to treat me the same way first thing in the morning! I hope they do and it will be payback for them not feeling responsible for the situation.

It's also important to note that at no point did my call with sky ever get heated or argumentative so they would have no reason that I know of to treat two customers differently. It just happens that they did, which is really odd.
      Last edited by Hatamoto; 04-01-13 at 07:23 AM.