Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

HELP! I've broken my Internet..

This is a discussion on HELP! I've broken my Internet.. within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Good evening guys, So as the title says, I've seemingly broken my sky broadband. I confess, I'm not a 'computer' ...

Jimmygriff101 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

HELP! I've broken my Internet..

Good evening guys,

So as the title says, I've seemingly broken my sky broadband. I confess, I'm not a 'computer' person, but stupidly fiddled around with the broadband and now it no longer works.

Too cut a long story short, I have a netgear wifi booster that for some bizarre reason reset its self, and whilst trying to connect it to my sky broadband it asked me to 'check that the devices MAC was listed on my Acess control list and ensure the ACL was switched on.' After lots of searching on how to access the ACL I found it and added the Netgear wifi booster MAC number too it, but this however not only didn't work in connecting my wifi booster, but meant I was unable from then on to connect to my sky broadband!

the message displayed when I attempt to connect to my sky broadband is "wirless connection failed because the network denied the association request from this computer." From what I understand, basically I have switched on the Acess control list, which dosent have my of me or my family's computers on, so I can't access the sky broadband to turn the Acess list off again! What can I do? Does this make any sense? I do realise I'm an idiot for messing around with the computer when I know nothing about it..feel free to abuse me but only if you can help me.

Thanks in advance
      James

2. Advertisement
      mattan is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: SSSWN
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Re: HELP! I've broken my Internet..

You could always hold down the reset button on the router to revert back to the factory default settings.

Jimmygriff101 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Re: HELP! I've broken my Internet..

Wow. I did the whole reset thing but didn't no about the whole 15 seconds for factory reset thing. Thank you very much!