Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 63k members.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Like Tree1Likes

on demand help!

This is a discussion on on demand help! within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; As I was posting my earlier response I realised that the post needed to be updated and shifted to the ...

Scubbie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: 02392
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Near Portsmouth
      Thanked 2,137 Times in 2,016 Posts

Re: on demand help!

As I was posting my earlier response I realised that the post needed to be updated and shifted to the new section. I have left the original where it was and stickied. It carries a lot of useful responses and input from members so it will still be very useful. I have included a link to the original thread in the new thread too.

The new post has a few extra notes regarding different prices for some things. I didn't change the prices for the HomePlugs as there is a huge issue surround these for the Fibre connections. I do not know if it is suitable to recommend a particular model at the moment.

The new thread is here: How to get On Demand

If we can keep this thread to helping pjgsmith and discuss any new issues for getting On Demand in the new thread it would be appreciated.
      NewsreadeR likes this.

Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro: Connected at 80,000 kbps / 20,000 kbps
      Previous ADSL2+ Speed 19999 kbps 1153 kbps, Line Attenuation 17.5 db 6.9 db, Noise Margin 7.5 dB 8.7 dB
      Speedtest: 17.15MB/s 0.97Mb/s Ping 31 ms

2. Advertisement
      Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Central Scotland
      Thanked 1,624 Times in 1,586 Posts

Re: on demand help!

Quote Originally Posted by pjgsmith View Post
      Customer service! We have just had two incredibly frustrating phone calls with SKY. We contacted the on-line chat service - they said everything was ok but they suggested we contact SKY direct. I called and was passed to three different people, every time I had to explain the issue, until the last person hung up on me. We called again and have been passed through another three people. I really dont understand - we are trying hard to give SKY more money - we already pay them a small fortune for our tv - but no-one is taking responsibility for helping us. BT is looking more and more like a good option.
      You have not said how you are trying to connect, by wireless or ethernet? If it is wireless, that may be the problem.

Can you try giving the box a fixed IP address?
      IP address........192.168.*.200
      Subnet ...........
      DNS............ & (These are the official Sky DNS addresses)
      * this will depend on the IP address of your router.

When you have done that, switch the HD box to Standby for a couple of minutes then switch the power right off. Leave it a few minutes then restart it. Check if you router is picking up the box's address.

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

Inssider 2/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12