Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

OUTLOOK EXPRESS PROBLEMS - help needed.

This is a discussion on OUTLOOK EXPRESS PROBLEMS - help needed. within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Got my Sky connection up and running today(router and ubs/ethernet cable arrived) six days after activation.I have been trying to ...

RYTON is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: CONSETT
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

OUTLOOK EXPRESS PROBLEMS - help needed.

Got my Sky connection up and running today(router and ubs/ethernet cable arrived) six days after activation.I have been trying to set up email accounts,got the hang of accessing through MYSKY but have run in to problems with setting up Outlook Express - folowed the Ratti guide but upon opening O.E. a dial up connection box appears with all three boxes empty, in properties of the pop.sky.com account and under connection the always connect to this account is ticked and in the box underneath is Local area network.I appear to have followed the info but appear to be hopelesly lost - any experts out there.

2. Advertisement
      KILL BILL is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: spam
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      you need to select the "use my lan connection "on the dial up connections

Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

The only Lan settings I can find are under options in I.E. when setting up a new Internet connection and in options in O.E. under connection.The 2 connections I have in network connnections are Local area connection and an Internet connection which shows Activity Internet + Internet Gateway + MY Computer - do I need to make another internet connection? I have only one account in O.E. - POP.SKY.COM and the connection is `local area network' - do I need to add another connection under propertiees of this account in connections (only local area network there at present) .

boab2791 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Lennoxtown (WSLEX)
      Broadband ISP: Talk Talk
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      In OE do you have other mail accounts configured, if so access all you accounts using the properties button and goto the connection tab, uncheck the box that says "Always connect to this box using..." and your account will use any current available access to the Internet.

As I said if you have other mail accounts you need to do this as well as they may be configured to initiate a Dial Up connection.

By changing this setting when you look at you mail accounts summary window you will see the connection type changes to "Any Available".

Also if you previously had a Dial Up Internet Connection go into Internet Explorer -> Tools -> Internet Options -> Connections and make sure Never Dial A Connection is checked otherwise a Dial UP request could be initiated.

Hope this helps.
      Last edited by boab2791; 14-10-06 at 11:10 PM.

Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

That has now got it cracked - thanks for everyones help.It all seems obvious now.Now trying to set up 2 other accounts.