Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sky SR101 connected to DD-WRT (LAN not WAN) No internet can be seen or the router ideas please

This is a discussion on Sky SR101 connected to DD-WRT (LAN not WAN) No internet can be seen or the router ideas please within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Hi guys, i have an issue, just today switched to Sky Unlimited and received the undercover nasty netgear SR101 but ...

hydrouk is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Torquay
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Sky TV: No TV
      Thanks

Sky SR101 connected to DD-WRT (LAN not WAN) No internet can be seen or the router ideas please

Hi guys, i have an issue, just today switched to Sky Unlimited and received the undercover nasty netgear SR101 but lets not get into that. Before i was using a DGN1000 connected to a DD-WRT in LAN not WAN and had no problems with my net but with this new router i get nothing unless i use the same subnet as the router.

2. Advertisement
      Scubbie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: 02392
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Q Hub ER110
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,195 Times in 2,065 Posts

Re: Sky SR101 connected to DD-WRT (LAN not WAN) No internet can be seen or the router ideas ple

You sound a little upset with the Sky Hub SR101, which wasn't made by Netgear.

I assume that you have a 3rd router, which you haven't identified, which was running your home LAN previously, with the DD-WRT firmware installed. If this is the case, then that router should be able to connect to the Sky Hub using it's WAN port. If this is the case, then the Subnet, which is typically set to 255.255.255.0 could be set to another suitable value which you would like to use.

If you want to continue using the Netgear DGN1000, which has a similar specification to the Sky Hub SR101, you have a couple of choices to make.

You could piggyback it onto the Sky Hub SR101 or you could obtain the login details, using Wireshark, from the SR101 and set up the Netgear DGN1000 to connect to Sky's servers instead.

How to connect two Routers together

Sky Hub S101 Username And Password Attempt

Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro: Connected at 80,000 kbps / 20,000 kbps
      Previous ADSL2+ Speed 19999 kbps 1153 kbps, Line Attenuation 17.5 db 6.9 db, Noise Margin 7.5 dB 8.7 dB
      Speedtest: 17.15MB/s 0.97Mb/s Ping 31 ms

Thanks

Re: Sky SR101 connected to DD-WRT (LAN not WAN) No internet can be seen or the router ideas ple

What i was meaning is i suppose as you put it piggyback it but it doesn't work. As far as i have read the DGN1000 does not support MER so login details are not gonna get me anywhere. The SR101 is running netgear firmware or it was most certainly forked from it so basically the hardware makes no difference because the firmware is still quite rubbish.

- - - Updated - - -

Also why would they keep the model scheme with a non-netgear router heh just puzzles me I do appreciate your response though

Thanks

for others reading heh the sky router is set up for 192.168.0.0/24 my dd-wrt is setup for 192.168.1.0/24 (Alternative subnet) im in a shared house and prefer my network away from the others as i run my own services. I really would like to get this to work but it seems odd that is doesn't. Any ideas are greatly appreciated

Thanks

Perhaps it would be better to start from the beginning.

What is it specifically that you would like to have that the DGN1000 does and the SR101 doesn't do?

Previous ADSL2+ Speed 19999 kbps 1153 kbps, Line Attenuation 17.5 db 6.9 db, Noise Margin 7.5 dB 8.7 dB

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hydrouk View Post
      for others reading heh the sky router is set up for 192.168.0.0/24 my dd-wrt is setup for 192.168.1.0/24 (Alternative subnet) im in a shared house and prefer my network away from the others as i run my own services. I really would like to get this to work but it seems odd that is doesn't. Any ideas are greatly appreciated
      For clarification, you are referring to the IP Address range.

I use a different IP Address range to the default of 192.168.0.x, as do many others. Simply navigate to the following page in your Sky Hub:

http://192.168.0.1/sky_lan_ip_setup.html

You should find all you need there.

Thanks

subnet i did explain above, this although is rather off the topic im really wondering why it doesn't work maybe let somebody else help me

- - - Updated - - -

255.255.255.0 is a mask which decides how many ip's are available within the subnet or address range as you put it

Thanks

i think i just learnt something thinking you needed to either way heheh i apologise

10. The Following User Says Thank You to hydrouk For This Useful Post:

Scubbie (20-11-12)

Thanks

No problem. That link I gave you is perfectly fine.

Thanks

It's setup fine i dont mind the range i have what it seems to be is that for some reason when i have another router no the network its users are ignored. The router itself gets a DHCP response from the SR101 but anything connected to the DD-WRT router doesn't get internet. It was working fine before with the DGN1000 that is here but now its not so i don't know heh confusing

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast