Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Like Tree1Likes

All devices connected....no net

This is a discussion on All devices connected....no net within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Hi, i have had sky broadband since feb with no trouble at all. Until this morning when i couldnt browse ...

Pjfclee is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagemcom not sure what model
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

All devices connected....no net

Hi, i have had sky broadband since feb with no trouble at all.
      Until this morning when i couldnt browse the net on my laptop, ipad or mobile. All 3 had the wifi signal but none would load any page.

Whats weird is i bought a new laptop yesterday it worked on the net fine all dag but along with the other devices stopped this mornibg. Just seems strange that the day after buying a new laptop i have the first issue ive ever had.

I have phoned sky and got nothing! I havd chnged the wireless channel and moved my router to different sockets. Reset the router a few times and even tried a wired connection but still nothing.

On my new laptop it says 'limited'.on both a wired and wireless connection.

Hope someone can help, althouh im not too bad with computers dhcp, ip, mac all is foreign to me.

Thanks in advance.

2. Advertisement
      itype is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Basingstoke, THBZ
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Re: All devices connected....no net

Could you log into the router and copy and paste your router stats?

I'm willing to bet that your router could be bust. Do you have a spare router, SKY router, to check if that works. That is the reason why SKY probably won't help you. Going by your profile you're currently using a D-Link DSL-2640S router, a non-SKY router.

Exchange:
      Thanks

Thanks for a quick response. Below is a link to a picture of my router status. Best i can do only using my mobile data.

View image: Camera ZOOM 20121105100318645

My router is a sagemcom apologies i dont even remember seeing that question in the signup, akward using just a mobile haha.

Hope this helps, thanks again!

mattan is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: SSSWN
      Thanks

Have you tried connecting to the router via an ethernet cable? This will rule out it being a wireless issue.

Have you tried rebooting the router and trying again?

From your picture, the modem is connected, so you *should* be getting internet access.

Exchange:
      Thanks

have reset the router a few times and tried wired connection still no luck. The fact its every device that cannot load web pages seems like a router problem. Or could it be a problem with the phone line?

mattan is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: SSSWN
      Thanks

Can you ping any sites? Try this from your laptop and also the router itself (think it's on the diagnostic page) to see if there's any comms between your router and the web.

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

The fact its every device that cannot load web pages seems like a router problem. Or could it be a problem with the phone line?
      The stats you posted are not what we require really, can you copy and paste your stats using these instructions. How to get your Sky Router statistics

Can you also indicate what lights are showing on your router and what colour they are?

What result do you get when you right click the internet icon in the tray and click 'Troubleshoot problems'. I am assuming you are running Win 7. To rule out wireless problems please do all checks with a cable connection, so make sure the wireless is switched off in your laptop.

Going by your profile you're currently using a D-Link DSL-2640S router, a non-SKY router.
      Just to correct a misconception, as a new member you may not be aware that the D-Link DSL-2640S is a Sky issue router. To date Sky have issued the following routers.
      Netgear DG834GT
      Netgear DG934G
      D-Link DSL-2640S
      Sagem 2504
      Sagemcom 2304N
      Sagemcom 2504N
      Sky Hub SR101
      itype likes this.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Exchange:
      Thanks

View image: Camera ZOOM 20121105123250080

Hopefully there the right stats? Also im using a Sagem F@ST2504n router. Apologies for the mistake.

Ive tried a wired connection with wireless turned off and has the same issue. It says 'limited'.

When i trouble shoot on (im on windows 8) i get an error saying 'the connection between your access point, router or cable modem and the internet is broken'.

With it affecting every device i have does it seem most likely that the router is broken? Just seems like a coinsidence after 8 months this issue appears the day after i get a new laptop.

Exchange:
      Thanks

View image: Camera ZOOM 20121105123250080

They should be the right stats. And will show the correct router im using. Its the sageman one.

When trying with a wired connection i have the same issue.

Im using windows 8 and when i trouble shoot the prpblem it says that the connection is broken. This seems like my router is broken as every device wont connect. Phone, ipad or either laptop in the house.

http://postimage.org/image/5n09onu9n/

Not sure if the above helps too. I have also tried it with the firewall turned off.

Just seems a coinicedence that this happens after 8 months of no issues and the day afyer i get a new laptop and windows 8

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

You did not say which lights were on the router.

Try this, go into the Router settings and under Diagnostics, type the following into the spaces 212.58.246.93 do you get a reply?

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast