Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Like Tree1Likes

2 ps3, 1 360 and 4 andriods all needing open nat

This is a discussion on 2 ps3, 1 360 and 4 andriods all needing open nat within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; hi Im new here but i have quite a good understanding of networking, and as far as i can tell ...

damien.ford is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: liverpool, walton, 0.3 miles
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Angry 2 ps3, 1 360 and 4 andriods all needing open nat

hi Im new here but i have quite a good understanding of networking, and as far as i can tell sky seams to be really really bad at supporting multiple devices openly

right so my set up is rather complex but after 7 years of working for a networking team to me its simple so Ive attached a diagram
      Click image for larger version. 

Name:	network diragram.jpg 
Views:	512 
Size:	16.2 KB 
ID:	3904

so basically i need an open firewall and open nat for the 3 game consoles and for the network HDD, with my old rougher ( a talk talk one) this was simple, was 2 check box's that when clicked did it all for me, how ever Ive came over to sky because they offered me a great deal and i was at the end of me contract, but now im stuck, ive had the same network setup for years now, but now i cant media stream on multiple devices simultaneously and i cant game to well ether

so far i have tried setting up firewall rules with limited results (only one of the ps3's have an open nat ) but in doing that Ive lost the ability to stream from my win 7 pc to my Xbox.

so far every one at sky seams to get confused as soon as i mention open nat and cross platform media streaming, and when i said i had a network hdd they didn't even know that they excised so my question is how can i get my network back up and running so that me and my family can resume enjoying the full benefits of the internet and home networking

many thanks

damo

ps sorry about the bad spelling
      Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2 ps3, 1 360 and 4 andriods all needing open nat-network-diragram.jpg  

2. Advertisement
      Isitme is online now Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

Re: 2 ps3, 1 360 and 4 andriods all needing open nat

Probably the easiest solution would be extract the details from your Sagem and put them into your TalkTalk router. As long as you can connect using PPPoA, there should be no problem with this.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Isitme For This Useful Post:

damien.ford (28-10-12)

Thanks

Deleted duplicate post

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Thanks

hi thanks for the quick reply,
      unfortunately talk talk threatened to charge me 89 if i didn't return the router so i had to send it bk so im left with just the sky one and 2 switch's that were originally made for Virgin fiber optic so can't connect them up ether,
      i have looked in to downloading a diffrent firmware for the 2504n but can only find firmware for the 2504 any other ideas ? i would get another router but its end of the month and with xmas coming up im skint so thats kinda a last resort

many thanks

damo

Thanks

Although Sky claim differently the new TalkTalk router, which I assume you had, is far superior to the Sky one. Your simultaneous streaming problems is probably down to the TT router having a better wireless performance and being equiped with Gigabit LAN, whereas the Sky router is only 100mbps.

There is no alternate firmware for the 2504N, you are stuck with what you have. You might get better results connecting the Xbox by cable rather than wireless, but other than buying a new router I can't think what else you can do.

TomD

Useful Utilites

Thanks

yea i had the latest one,was one of the best routers ive had in a long time, i have just acquired a talk talk router off next door, im gona atempet to conect it up as a sky one but im gona half to look around to work out how to do it coz i need the mer thing and user name and password

Thanks

i need the mer thing and user name and password
      You will have difficulties if your line is MER only, but we are finding that many support both and some that have been MER are being returned to PPPoA, so try PPPoA first.

You will get the username and password using the Sagem Fast 2504 on this site - Sky router password generator

TomD

Useful Utilites

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Isitme For This Useful Post:

damien.ford (28-10-12)

Thanks

Hi again i have conected up the talk talk router and have done the password and username
      changed to pppoa but i still cant conect i cheacked on the sky router and its deffantly running on pppoa not mer as i previosly thort ive read a few diffrent post on here about it now but i thort i would just try and keep all this in one place for futar reffrance that and swapping the router out over and over the cheack threads and to make sure im actuly still online is getting teadious lol

So any extra help would be apreacheted

Many thanks

Damo

mattan is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: SSSWN
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Thanks

Can I ask why the XBox is connecting to the wireless switch and not directly to the router as the PS3 is doing? It would be less complex for this to make a direct connection. I've sometimes found pushing things through multiple switches has an effect on the NAT and going directly to the router is better.

Have you also tried re-booting the router? Sometimes it gets a bit "stuck". I had this problem when setting up some new homeplugs. XBox started reporting a Moderate NAT. Rebooted the router and the problem went away.

Thanks

Hi again i have conected up the talk talk router and have done the password and username
      Did you check the other settings? They should be as follows-

VPI....38
      VCI....0
      Multiplex..VC
      MTU...1500.

DNS... 208.67.222.222 and 208.67.220.220, or 8.8.8.8. and 8.8.4.4.

If you have the correct username and password with these settings there is no reason why you should not connect.

You can check the username and password by using this alternate generator - http://www.ph-mb.com/products/sky-calc Remember it is the LAN MAC you use not the WAN or ADSL.

TomD

Useful Utilites

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast