Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

LLC problem / LLC required for Anytime+ ?

This is a discussion on LLC problem / LLC required for Anytime+ ? within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Hi all, Managed to get a network connection to my Sky+HD box today in order to try out Anytime+. My ...

simonlid is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Hayes North
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

LLC problem / LLC required for Anytime+ ?

Hi all,

Managed to get a network connection to my Sky+HD box today in order to try out Anytime+. My stb is successfully connecting to my network but the "Service Connection" is showing FAILED in my stb's Network settings. (I enabled the service through MySky a while back, but didn't connect the stb until today.)

I've read many tips online about changing the multiplex settings on my router from VC-based to LLC-based, but when I try this, the router fails to reconnect (tried hard rebooting it and so on). I left the VPI/VCI settings as they were (0/38). Not sure if they need changing. uPnP is enabled.

My router is a Netgear DFND3300v2 running on the latest firmware.

So a couple of questions, first, does my router really need to be set to LLC-based multiplexing in order for my stb to connect to the Anytime+ service?

If so, am I missing something obvious? From the various posts I found online, I got the impression it was very simply a case of changing the multiplex settings but in my case, that doesn't seem to work.

Cheers for any help!
      Simon

2. Advertisement
      Shonk is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro
      Router: Asus RT-AC88U
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Re: LLC problem / LLC required for Anytime+ ?

Its vc-mux you most prob have a firewall problem

mattan is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: SSSWN
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Thanks

Have you got both "Enable Anytime" and "Broadband Network Connection" both set to "On" under the "Customise" tab?

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

If your ISP is Sky VC-Mux should work. Some users with different ISPs are finding they need to change to LLC, but you shouldn't.

If you are sure everything is properly enabled, put your STB into Standby, switch off the power for a couple of minutes and switch back on. Check your Network settings on the STB.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

simonlid is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Hayes North
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Thanks

Thanks for the suggestions. I've left my router on VC-mux.

The following options are (and already were) turned ON:
      - Enable On Demand Showcase
      - BroadBand Network Connection
      - On Demand Download Notification
      (there isn't any "Enable Anytime" but I'm guessing that it has been renamed to one of the above...)

I was going to look at trying to configure port-forwarding to mimic uPnP and the first thing I did was set up the router with a reserved IP address for the Sky stb - lo and behold, after resetting the stb network settings, it now shows "Service Connection OK"! (I had reset the network settings numerous times before setting up the reservation, but each time, it successfully obtained the settings from DHCP but just showed "Failed" for the Service Connection.)

I've unplugged the stb for a few minutes but when I turn it on and go to "On Demand" it just tells me to go to "sky.com/tvondemand" to complete setup - I've checked this and we did already have it activated on our account. I've noticed that there are no entries appearing in the uPnP Portmap table in my router settings for the stb's IP address (but there are for some services on one of my PCs, so I guess uPnP is working correctly).

I'm going to give it a few days in case Sky need to update the stb or something, but if anyone has any suggestions in the meantime, I'd be glad to hear them!

Thanks once again,
      Simon

Shonk is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro
      Router: Asus RT-AC88U
      Thanks

it doesnt need a port mapping
      it downloading from a server not running a server

mattan is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: SSSWN
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by simonlid View Post
      I've unplugged the stb for a few minutes but when I turn it on and go to "On Demand" it just tells me to go to "sky.com/tvondemand" to complete setup - I've checked this and we did already have it activated on our account. I've noticed that there are no entries appearing in the uPnP Portmap table in my router settings for the stb's IP address (but there are for some services on one of my PCs, so I guess uPnP is working correctly).

I'm going to give it a few days in case Sky need to update the stb or something, but if anyone has any suggestions in the meantime, I'd be glad to hear them!

Thanks once again,
      Simon
      I've heard some cases where you have to re-order the On Demand service for it to re-prompt your stb to pick it up. Not sure whether it was on this forum or the official Sky forum.