Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Like Tree1Likes
    • 1 Post By Scubbie

Dispute procces for when BT/Openreach Claim "No Access"

This is a discussion on Dispute procces for when BT/Openreach Claim "No Access" within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Not sure if this is the best place for this but it was posted at another forum I frequent and ...

dragon2611 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: AAISP + Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: N/A
      Thanks

Not sure if this is the best place for this but it was posted at another forum I frequent and I thought it might be interesting to know, Not sure if Sky will make use of this process but one would hope so.

Disputed No Access

Basically it's a process for the ISP (So Sky in this case) to Follow if an Openreach engineer is supposed to turn up and claims they had "no access" to the property.

Might help for anyone who waits in all day for the engineer to turn up for their repair/install only to find Openreach have claimed they couldn't get in and closed the job.

2. Advertisement
      indefatigable is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: BB tech Support + Max
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Sky TV: Sky+HD 2TB
      Thanks

Re: Dispute procces for when BT/Openreach Claim "No Access"

Probably not the best place to put this up, but good nonetheless. As someone who has to occasionally deal with this type of thing I can tell you that most of the time the engineer will provide details of the customers property i.e. What colour door they have, what is in their window, what car they have in the driveway; to prove they were there but I know this isn't always that accurate as you can see most of that from the street.

Exchange:
      Thanks

It might be useful in situations where for instance it turns out the engineer has turned up at the wrong place for whatever reason.

Scubbie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: 02392
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Q Hub ER110
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,195 Times in 2,065 Posts

I think that a more professional method would be to leave a card, similar to the infamous Red card that the Royal Mail likes to leave, even when you are in.
      jayhab likes this.

Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro: Connected at 80,000 kbps / 20,000 kbps
      Previous ADSL2+ Speed 19999 kbps 1153 kbps, Line Attenuation 17.5 db 6.9 db, Noise Margin 7.5 dB 8.7 dB
      Speedtest: 17.15MB/s 0.97Mb/s Ping 31 ms

Exchange:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Scubbie View Post
      I think that a more professional method would be to leave a card, similar to the infamous Red card that the Royal Mail likes to leave, even when you are in.
      I thought they did but I can imagine situations where the customer genuinely was available to allow access at the appointed time but for what ever reason the job was still no accessed.

A few examples I can think of.

1) The engineer is in the wrong place for some reason, either they got lost or the details on their job are incorrect.

Reminds me of this actually - BT Openreach UK Engineer Fails to Find London's National Gallery - ISPreview UK

2) The engineer is being lazy and can't be bothered to turn up so just uses "no access" as an excuse - Sadly there are some engineers like that, fortunately they don't tend to be around very long.

3) The engineer was running late and for whatever reason was unable to call ahead, Does happen particularly if the mobile number isn't on the Job notes and the landline is out of order (which is quite possible if the appointment is to fix the landline) The other common one these-days is people not having a phone connected to their line as they only use it for broadband.

Thanks

#1 - Get a GPS & learn the job. The majority of addresses in a town/city are easily found, with a few badly addressed examples being the problem.

#2 - Dismissal if there are too many "no access" reports from a particular BTO Engineer is one answer, but really someone else should be tasked with the job ASAP in all cases

#3 - Better communications are required. I appreciate that more people seem to be not using the land line and I know some people like this. Personally I don't know why since calling another suitable land line with Sky is free at the weekends. If you signed up to Sky Talk before the end of August it will be free in the evenings too. Of course for 5 extra you can also call 24/7 to other suitable umbers for free too.

As for not having alternative numbers, this is down to the people taking the orders. It helps by asking for the information then, just in case.

Previous ADSL2+ Speed 19999 kbps 1153 kbps, Line Attenuation 17.5 db 6.9 db, Noise Margin 7.5 dB 8.7 dB

Exchange:
      Thanks

Typing on my mobile so excuse the errors

1) sat-navs aren't always accurate number of times I've ended up in the middle of nowhere and it said you've reached your destination particularlyy with rural locations or new build

2) agreed

3) I can understand why people don't bother after all most mobile contracts have loads of inclusive minutes and in a shared household it's easier to just use mobiles

Sometimes the mobile number isn't on the job even if the cp supplied it it's not unheard of.

Sent from my Phone using Tapatalk

Thanks
      I appreciate that many homes in rural areas will be harder to find. However the engineer can contact a colleague for help if necessary. Someone must know where it is.

As for details not appearing on the paperwork, this needs investigating. If it is a system fault then it needs fixing.

Sent from my Galaxy SII using Forum Runner