Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Static IP Settings

This is a discussion on Static IP Settings within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Hi, I currently have a netgear dgn 2200 router running sky broadband as my original sky router went down. Everything ...

TPM
      TPM is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Base
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky+
      Thanks

Static IP Settings

Hi, I currently have a netgear dgn 2200 router running sky broadband as my original sky router went down. Everything was fine until I had a phone line change over with bt now my broadband won't connect and asks the following:

Static ip connection

IP address
      Subnet mask
      Default gateway
      Preferred DNS server
      Alternate DNS server

What do the above settings need to be to connect back to the Internet?

Many thanks as I'm struggling now.

2. Advertisement
      Poppet25 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: LCFOM
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Re: Static IP Settings

You might need to contact Sky to get those details, because some of them are personal to your connection...

Scubbie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: 02392
      Router: Sky Q Hub ER110
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,194 Times in 2,064 Posts

Have you still got your Sky router to hand?

If so can you connect this to your telephone line and see what happens.

There are several reasons why a router may not connect, including the possibility of something which may now be different.

The things that you are asking about indicate that you don't have a great deal of knowledge about setting up your own router. We can help with some of this but if you were to call Sky they would likely have less of an idea than yourself at this stage.

Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro: Connected at 80,000 kbps / 20,000 kbps
      Previous ADSL2+ Speed 19999 kbps 1153 kbps, Line Attenuation 17.5 db 6.9 db, Noise Margin 7.5 dB 8.7 dB
      Speedtest: 17.15MB/s 0.97Mb/s Ping 31 ms

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

I had a phone line change over with bt now my broadband won't connect and asks the following:
      Do you mean you were switched to Sky's own network? If so there is a good chance you have been switched to MER only. This is the only reason, other than a faulty router, which would stop you connecting with the Netgear. Your only option may be to get another Sky router, capable of connecting with MER.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

TPM
      TPM is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Base
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky+
      Thanks

Thanks for the replies. No I always had a bt phone line ever since i moved into my house 4yrs ago & I had no problems with sky bb however the bt account was in my ex partners name so I had to ring & have the phone line account changed into my name then sky bb stopped worked.

I do still have the old sky router but when I power it up all the lights are solidly lit and I think the Internet light is solid red. I cannot reset the router as nothing happens when the reset button is pressed. My laptop does not recognise when the router is connected by Ethernet cable either.

- - - Updated - - -

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

I had to ring & have the phone line account changed into my name then sky bb stopped worked.
      I think that may explain it. The line has been changed to a new name and as the broadband was associated with the old name, it has been cut off. You will have to call Sky and explain the situation to them to have the broadband enabled.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.