Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Make sure you tell your old ISP you have left!

This is a discussion on Make sure you tell your old ISP you have left! within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; I got a 'nice' letter from my old ISP today saying there is a problem with my account and I ...

Alan b is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: 2 x Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      I got a 'nice' letter from my old ISP today saying there is a problem with my account and I could own them money, that is all well and good but not only did I migrate from them to Sky I also made sure is was closed afterwards. After getting through to the Indian call centre I was told to disregard the letter.

2. Advertisement
      tripodjw is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Beeston
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Well I confirmed with my old ISP a couple of days after i migrated (early September). DIdn't think anything of being billed on 1 October as i know they bill in arrears. But finding they billed me on 1 november i'm pretty hacked off.

A call to Tiscali has said they think they are still providing me with BB. But will be willing to consider closing the account andmaybe giving a refund if i can prove i'm getting BB from someone else.

SKY say they are providing me with BB, which i believe as my old router can't log in to tiscali account and i can get into Sky BB - plus the speeds are about 4-5 time higher than i was paying tiscali for. Sky are providing a duplicate of my activation letter for me to send to Tiscali as proof of my new service.

BT wholesale have confirmed on the phone there is a sky LLU on the line. But they can't provide written proof for me to provide tiscali. They recommended logging a complaint with ofcom (0845 456 3000).

Ofcom took my complaint and suggested there was nothing more i could do than try to provide proof to tiscali. The guy was very nice and helpful - and sympathetic. He thought it was appalling and the best he could do was wish me luck.

Sigh.

But of course everyone is charging me.

Sennockian is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

There are things they dont know, things they know they don't know and ....

Don't rely on Sky to do anything. As a whole they lack any moral fibre and are happy to chat for hours on their 0870 lines knowing full well that whatever they say will never come back to haunt them. If you are currently using an ISP that works don't leave it. That way you'll never have billing problems nor have to be treated like an illiterate tramp by agents that have not been alive as long as I've been a Sky customer.

JAMES4578 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: HALFWAY
      Broadband ISP: Base
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

James4578

I am having same problem with being billed by Tiscali when I was migrated to sky 24th August. Knew I was charged in arrears but when billed for October contacted Tiscali ,claimed Sky hadn't informed them and still showed account as active. They said there would be an investiagation which would take 7 days and I would receive a letter. However, that was about 3 weeks now and though I e mailed, all I was told was to phone again. (had e mailed as last time had to use mobile and was kept waiting for about 15 minutes. Cancellation line only does office hours and the other lines don't seem to be able to do anything. Have now been billed for

I was wondering whether it would be advisable to contact sky before trying tiscali again.

James

NewsreadeR is offline Site Founder
      Exchange: Marshalls Cross
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Blog Entries
      Hi James

Its not really Sky's responsibility to inform the losing ISP, normally BT would tell the losing ISP.

This is the point of this thread, once you change ISP's make sure you:

1) Cancel the old D/D

2) Email / telephone your old ISP to confirm

3) Ask for a refund on any unused period you may have paid for

I would ring them during office hours and tell them in no uncertain terms you have cancelled.

If they ever take you to court, you would win. Just make sure you keep all the information available.

~ Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience ~

Follow us on Twitter @skyuser

hgaule is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Blackburn
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Guys I'm having a similar problem. My connection migration was delayed (sky said I was migrated on my activation date but I was still using my old connection) After a month to support my connection is now working on sky but I've just checked with my old ISP and they have said BT have confirmed I am still using their old connection which now I'm ovbiously not. If I just cancel my old connection with them will this affect my sky's connection in any way?

Russ is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Livingston Bridge (ESLVB)
      Router: ER115
      Sky TV: SkyQ
      Thanks
      I spotted somewhere in the posts here someone said that when he asked for his MAC code, that was a notification of cancelling his account with his old isp?
      I`m migrating from Orange ( originally freeserve ) and am on sky just now and found my Orange internet inaccessible as of 2 days ago although i`ve had no notification from Sky yet saying i`m 'live'.
      With regards to my MAC code i recieved from Orange, i was specifically told in e-mail i was only requesting a MAC code and if i did nothing i would still have an Orange account so later today when the BT tracker site tells me my bt ipstream home 500 account has been ceased, i`ll be calling Orange to make sure i am no longer billed from them.
      ( basically asking for a MAC isnt the same as cancelling your isp account )
      a bit long winded i know, lol but hope it's ok

NewsreadeR is offline Site Founder
      Exchange: Marshalls Cross
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Blog Entries
      ( basically asking for a MAC isnt the same as cancelling your isp account )
      Some ISP's it is some not.

With F2S if you do not migrate within the 30 days of receiving your MAC your contract continues. However if you do use it within 30 days, the start of your 30 day notice begins the day you get the MAC.
      Last edited by NewsreadeR; 20-12-06 at 05:11 PM.

~ Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience ~

Follow us on Twitter @skyuser

hgaule is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Blackburn
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      I gave sky my MAC from f2s they day I received it. But because of it being messed up and taking longer than 30days to migrate F2S don't think i've left.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234