Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

been in touch with ebay

This is a discussion on been in touch with ebay within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Yesterday I emailed ebay regarding my inability to access there site anymore since transfering to SkyBB. In a nutshell they ...

muzzer is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: longton
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

been in touch with ebay

Yesterday I emailed ebay regarding my inability to access there site anymore since transfering to SkyBB. In a nutshell they said its nothing to do with them blocking Sky's ip range, just the usual crap of its your firewall/antivirus, and they have no other reports from Sky users with the access problems.
      I suggest all members having problems bombard the sites with emails highlighting access problems so they realise there is a problem and get together with Sky to try and sort things out.

2. Advertisement
      Shadow UK is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: newbury
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      It is becoming more and more frustrating i too have been on to microsoft ref xbox.com and live they too offer me the solution of changing the firewall and windows security settings??
      SOMEONE please help us we are in the internet twilight zone.
      Oh for a line like bt id gladly pay a little extra for stability
      ARGH POO I WAS WITH THEM WHAT WAS I THINKING??

peterw64 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Newbury
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

I wonder how many people will swicth to NTL next year !!!

I joined sky broadband in the belief I was getting a good level of service at affordable value. I have been on for a month now and am not benefiting from my choice. Web access seems even slower than my 2-mb connection and the inability to access my msn or ichat is a little bit frustrating. I still have not been able to access Ebay either although I did have a brief connection a few weeks back.
      I doubt if the problem has anything to do with Firewalls or windows security as I have the same problems arising from Windows users and I am using a Apple Mac. I would try connecting my PC, but I have lent it to a friend at the moment. Although Sky are trying their best to resolve the situation, I wonder how many people will be migrating to a new provider when their contract ends , abandoning all Sky service... Lets hope this is just temporary glitch.
      I tried today to use the web site www.imdb.com I could access the site before but now it seems dead. I pinged the address and this is what came up
      Ping has started ...

PING us.imdb.com (72.21.206.75): 56 data bytes
      36 bytes from amazon-above.mpr1.iad5.us.mfnx.net.175.185.208.in-addr.arpa (208.185.175.66): Communication prohibited by filter
      Vr HL TOS Len ID Flg off TTL Pro cks Src Dst
      4 5 00 0054 edb0 0 0000 36 01 bfed 192.168.0.2 72.21.206.75

--- us.imdb.com ping statistics ---
      10 packets transmitted, 0 packets received, 100% packet loss
      Last edited by peterw64; 12-10-06 at 06:50 PM. Reason: more info