Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 63k members.

Looking for some advice

This is a discussion on Looking for some advice within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Hi there, Package - Sky Broadband Unlimited I'm hoping someone can have a look at my stats and advise what ...

JonesScotland is offline Sky User Member
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic

Looking for some advice

Hi there,

Package - Sky Broadband Unlimited

I'm hoping someone can have a look at my stats and advise what sort of speeds I should be hoping to get with my line attenuation. I've been on Sky for 5+years, and have spoken with Sky over the years. They have always advised my top speed was around 3mb, however have been sat at about 3.7 for while. I have had a speed previously of about 4.5, though this only lasted for a couple of days, though proves the line was capable of that. I noticed about a week ago the speed had dropped from 3.7 to 3.5, but accepted this. However has now dropped again this morning to 3.3, so led to me look on here. From reading other posts, I've seen people with line attenuation of 28.5 expecting to get 6-7mb so wondered if this was what can be expected, and if I need to get on to Sky.

Any advice anyone can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Many Thanks

Port Status TxPkts RxPkts Collisions Tx B/s Rx B/s Up Time
      WAN PPPoA 16525 21767 0 786 4554 01:25:12
      LAN 10M/100M 29940 23033 0 5195 1022 01:26:12
      WLAN 11M/54M 1067 0 0 20 0 01:26:05

ADSL Link Downstream Upstream
      Connection Speed 3350 kbps 798 kbps
      Line Attenuation 48.0 db 28.5 db
      Noise Margin 7.1 db 14.1 db
      Last edited by JonesScotland; 19-09-12 at 07:08 PM.

2. Advertisement
      Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Central Scotland
      Thanked 1,624 Times in 1,586 Posts

Re: Looking for some advice

Can you plug into your Test socket, using only the ADSL cable supplied by Sky and post your stats from there. While the faceplate is off, check that any other phone extensions you have are dead.

How to test your ADSL in the Master Test Socket

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

Inssider 2/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.