Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

noise margin 14.db with slow internet?

This is a discussion on noise margin 14.db with slow internet? within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; I am not sure DLM could put the line on G.DMT, it is more likely to have been done manually. ...

Isitme is online now Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

Re: noise margin 14.db with slow internet?

I am not sure DLM could put the line on G.DMT, it is more likely to have been done manually. There would be less problems if more Sky agents did this, although it should be possible to set an upload of at least 800kbps. If DLM is run on the line it will probably put it back to ADSL2+, we'll see what happens.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

2. Advertisement
      boothy_08 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Oldham
      Broadband ISP: Virgin Media 120Mbps
      Router: Superhub 2 VM
      Sky TV: Freeview TV
      Thanks

Re: noise margin 14.db with slow internet?

Quote Originally Posted by Isitme View Post
      I am not sure DLM could put the line on G.DMT, it is more likely to have been done manually. There would be less problems if more Sky agents did this, although it should be possible to set an upload of at least 800kbps. If DLM is run on the line it will probably put it back to ADSL2+, we'll see what happens.
      Yeah he did say he thinks they put the line on DLM, your right DLM doesn't normally put lines on G.DMT so it looks like its been done manually.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12