Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Like Tree2Likes

How to connect your CCTV system to your router

This is a discussion on How to connect your CCTV system to your router within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Now it does the same when I type the (what I am quite sure is the correct address) into the ...

Terra999 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01432
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Re: How to connect your CCTV system to your router

Now it does the same when I type the (what I am quite sure is the correct address) into the address bar as it does through ipolis, that being it going to the settings of the sky hub so it must have something to do with that; it's got to be. Surely?

2. Advertisement
      seawright is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 02392
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Are you able to connect to your camera from within your local network using its local IP address?

If it starts with 192.168 there is no harm in posting exactly what you are putting in your address bar as it will not be accessible to anyone outside your local network.
      Last edited by seawright; 06-10-16 at 12:01 AM. Reason: Added second paragraph

Thanks

192.168.0.2 is my local IP and I have no idea how to connect through the local IP unless it's typing in the address bar as I tried that and it just says the site can't be reached.

- - - Updated - - -

Having the DVR connected to my hub is taking up a lot of bandwidth too.

seawright is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 02392
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Different DVRs will use different ports. Can you check your DVRs network settings menu to see which port it uses as its mobile monitor port? If your browser has a plugin to display the video try viewing locally using http://192.168.0.2:xxxx/ (replacing xxxx with monitor port number). If there isn't a suitable plugin installed you could try using mplayer.

Thanks

How do I know which is the mobile monitor port? Iv'e tried all the numbers I can see on the DVR port page and it always says it can't be reached or last night it was going to the sky settings page!

I am getting a CD drive for my new laptop as my old one with a drive is slow af and can't even install it so will take a look at the disc as the samsung website suggests doing that as it looks like it has a set up wizzard on there but whether it will sort it only time will tell but thanks for the help anyway.

I will update if it works.

Isitme is online now Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,632 Times in 1,593 Posts

I know this tread is old but can anyone tell me why when I try to view through my DDNS (ipolis) it just goes to the sky router settings
      Are you trying to access through the Sky router? If so you may find it does not work. With many Sky routers* you cannot use a DDNS address to access the DVR, you must use an external network, such as the 3/4g on your phone.

* I can access my DVR using my DDNS address, but I have the SR102. I don't know if the SR101 allows this, I know none of the previous Sky routers did so. I use one of the Meyech apps to gain access to my DVR. I have been using Asee+( https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...Seev2&hl=en_GB) but the latest update to the app has stopped it working on my Tab. At the moment I am using this one https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...Super&hl=en_GB

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

Inssider 2/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123