Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

How to get profile reset?

This is a discussion on How to get profile reset? within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Can anyone tell me the best way to get my profile reset, I believe I am now out of the ...

boab2791 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Lennoxtown (WSLEX)
      Broadband ISP: Talk Talk
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

How to get profile reset?

Can anyone tell me the best way to get my profile reset, I believe I am now out of the 10 day training period but for some reason my target SNR I beleive has been set at 15db therefore I can't get sync'd above 1600 while on Day 1 I was connected at 2752 and getting almost 2MB speeds.

I have used the SNR tweak and got my sync to above 2300 with 9db SNR, hoping line will remain stable but if I keep it this way and then for whatever reason the line drops sync say in 5 days time I will go back to my original settings and the profile will instantly lower which I think is unfair becuase I won't get the tweak in quick enough.

In fact during my SNR tweaks the router sync'd at 896 resulting in my BRAS profile instantly dropping to 500kbps infruiating me as I thought we had upto 75 minutes before that changed kicked in.

2. Advertisement
      NewsreadeR is offline Site Founder
      Exchange: Marshalls Cross
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Thanks
      Blog Entries
      Hi boab2791

I am on BT Max and my profile was stuck on 3.2mb after the 10 day training, however I have found that this changes sometimes after a reboot of my router.

Although I was stuck on 3.2mb changing the faceplate and a reboot changed my profile to just under 7mb

~ Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience ~

Follow us on Twitter @skyuser

Thanks

I have a BT master faceplate with dedicated ADSL port, ie filtered at Master. Originally on Friday when I got my router I sync'd at 2752 but due to the UPNP problem on the router caused a large number of forced resets on the router until I sussed the issue.

As a result of this I beleive the DLM at the exchange has set my target SNR to 15, using the SNR tweak I found elsewhere I have managed to get my router to connect at 2304 with an SNR of 9.4db, although in the course of the experiement the router sync'd at 896kbps and resulted in my my BRAS profile coming down to 500kbps. I need a permanent fix as if I reset the router I'll go back to around 1664 with the 15db and be stuck on 1Mb. I notice my ping times are large aswell, ie 60+ms, I guess interleaving is turned on.

I am going to call Sky and ask if they can reset profile. I don't really want to take the router to the master as I will interfere with the 3 day wait to get the profile raised but tthen again it will drop instantly if the router resync's to a lower level. This 3 day limit and instant downgrade is horrendously unfair.

I suppose I should try the router direct at master in the test socket but technically I'm getting a feed direct from master and when I carried these tests on my previous stable 1MB fixed connection the results from both sockets where identical, so I don't think I have much to gain there.
      Last edited by boab2791; 12-10-06 at 07:57 PM.

Thanks

I have spoken to Tier 1 support regarding this and the guy I spoke to, Brian, he went through to Tier 2 Support in Belfast to ask how they go about resetting the profile and turning off INterleave as I have now discovered by using the URL injection tweak discussed elsewhere that it is also on which would explain why my ping times are now 60ms+.

Brian came back and stated they have added to my existing Ticket for my router issue whcih I didn't know I had and they have passed this to Tier 3 Support, although he did advise that it is in a queue and could take several days to resolve.

He was advised to tell me to contact BT on what he thinks is 156 to ask them to reset it as becuase I am the connect package I am using BT equipment. I explained to him if I contact BT they will refer me to the ISP, he seemed to think that would happen.

I have proved by using the SNR tweak that the router can and does sync above 2 meg hence why I want my settings reset. Not holding my breath though, although in 3 days timer hopefully the BRAS profile will update to 2Meg, just have to hope the router does not go down for whatever reason, if so I will need to go throuigh it all again.

Thanks

My router has been syncd at 2304 for almost three days and my IP Profile has finally raised but only from 500kbps to 1000kbps, not the 2000kbps I should be getting.

I checked my router stats earlier today and they all confirmed the same hours that WAN, LAN and WLAn have been up. Now though the WAN only shows it has been up for 14 hours while the LAN and WLAN have been for 66 hours. This is confusing me as all showed the same figure less than 14 hours ago, in fact it was about 3 hours ago I checked.

I was under the impression the profile would raise to whatever it needed to goto and not in stages.

I assume I have got to wait 3 days again or get in touch with Sky and tell me to get their act together and get my profile reset.

They did say last time to contact BT but whats the point, they will only tell me to speak to my ISP.

Thanks

Bump.

Can anyone help me out understanding this one please ;-(