Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Will level 3 support really call me back?

This is a discussion on Will level 3 support really call me back? within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; I had to raise a ticket with Sky customer support on Monday night as my router is not syncing at ...

a_bluebird is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: WEYBRIDGE
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Will level 3 support really call me back?

I had to raise a ticket with Sky customer support on Monday night as my router is not syncing at the speed it should for a Max connection. I was told that level 3 support would need to resolve this and that I would be given a call back. Do they really call back, has anyone any experience of this?

Many thanks.

2. Advertisement
      Teddy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      I have yet to receive a call from them and have been on Sky for over a (very poor) month now.
      They phoned up and left a message at 10am in the morning once but I was at work. They did not leave a number and it seems impossible to get through directly to them.
      I have asked 5 times now if they could phone when I am actually here but no calls so far.
      If you hear from them ask them to give me a call.
      Good Luck!

tadunne is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Getting call backs from them is extremely unlikely it seems. Someone else on the forum had heard that they had to dump a load of call back requests because they had a backlog of 2500 calls!

I did have someone call me back but they decided to call my home number, even though I asked for them to call my work number, or my mobile number (I just think they're being sneeky there)

You best bet is just call and stay on hold, for me it took on average of upto 40 mins. I think the best time to call might be about 10 am I seemed to get through quickly then.

kkhalil76 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      I've spoken with 5 different tier 1 supervisors over the last month (last one yesterday) who all promised to get in touch with tier 3 to arrange a callback, or to get feedback and call me back themselves. None have done anything. Worst customer service I've ever experienced. In the meantime I've been offline for the duration. Deciding to join sky is the worst decision I've ever made.

pp599 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      I have had no internet for the last few days. i rang up tech support and after an hour and a half of testing this and that i got referred to tier 3. they were busy and were going to call me back, obviously im still waiting. I agree that this is the worst customer service ever. surely a company like sky have the resources to hire more tier 3 support, they must have realised that at launch they were going to have many complaints.

promark is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Bradwell Abbey (SMBA)
      Broadband ISP: If you can call 1.4Mb Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      I wouldn't hold you're breath I have been waiting for 2 weeks tomorrow for a call back from Tier 3

I phone every other day or so for an update they say they will e mail the Ops Leaders to chase it up, but still nothing

And my problem sounds Identical to yours

lrostoke is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Newcastle WMNEW
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Ordered: 27th Sept
      Migration: New BT line
      Product: MAX
      Router Arrived: 2nd Oct
      Connection Due: 6th Oct
      Actually Connected: 6th Oct
      Up sync speed: 764 kbps
      Down sync speed: 7645 kbps
      Distance from the exchange: ~2km

From one of your previous posts, what synch are you expecting because those stats look pretty good ???
      The synch speed for MAX is upto 16mb not guaranteed 16mb !!!
      I'm on MAX and get between 2400 kbps - 3200kbps

tadunne is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      If you want to speak to Tier 3 you have to hold on. Don't accept a call back they simply won't call you back.

You Just have to wait, they are much better then tier 1 and can actually help you!

I think Tier 1 are just Sky support people who know nothing about computers thats not on their trouble shooting charts, tier 3 seem to be Easynet people (Well they have a different onhold music to sky) who actually know something.

If you are on max and getting crappy speeds then you most likely have a crappy line, try and get moved down to the Mid package..

kkhalil76 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Staying on hold for tier 3 worked for me about 3 weeks ago, but since then tier 1 refuse to put me on hold for tier 3, cause they're so busy and it's such a long wait, new policy is callback, which in plain english means you're never speaking to tier 3 again.

AB.com is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Woking
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      I've never had a call back from Tier 3 despite being promised and told that supervisors would be emailed to prioritise my ticket etc etc

I've held on to speak to Tier 3 twice. Both times the wait was about 20 mins. Both times the Tier 1 agent had to be told firmly that a call back was not acceptable and that I wanted to be put through. (The Tier 1 agents are supposed to wait until Tier 3 pick up; if you explain you are happy to just be put straight through that usually does the trick).

Both times the wait was worth it. My issue has now been fixed within the timescale promised.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast