Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

just tried to transfer

This is a discussion on just tried to transfer within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; but what they dont tell you is if your on a llu exchange you cant get you connection migrated even ...

EL_PRESEDENTE Guest
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:

just tried to transfer

but what they dont tell you is if your on a llu exchange you cant get you connection migrated even with a mac code it will be 30 days for your line to become clear then + 5 days of it being clear then whatever amount of time to switch.

i feel lied too and very let down and will not be switching i thought the idea was 10 days of down time max not nearly 35

has anyone else had similar?

2. Advertisement
      spcdust is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max/Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Just to clarify, are you saying that your current ISP connection is an existing un-bundled one and you can't migrate from that to Sky's un-bundled service OR is your current connection via BT's network and you can't migrate to Sky's LLU equipment?

SatDish is offline Site Founder
      Exchange: Gravesend, NDGRA
      Broadband ISP: Virgin XXL 200
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Yes
      Thanks
      Blog Entries
      this is in the FAQ we have...
      Will the MAC code cancel my contract and payments to my existing broadband provider?

The MAC code will only transfer your line from your existing broadband provider with minimal downtime, it will not cancel any existing contract or associated payments. Sky does not accept MAC Codes for ISP?s that use local loop unbundling (LLU) to provide you with your existing broadband service. Customers that currently use LLU must cease with their existing provider & Sky will re-provide broadband.

Please note: The big LLU providers are Bulldog, Home Choice and Be. Aol and Wanadoo do have LLU areas but the majority of which are on the BT network allowing us to ask for MAC codes.

so if your on a LLU service and its not on one of those listed providers then you will have to cancel your broadband.
      always best to read up on products first this is why skyuser exists to help clarify and answer questions that may not be so obvious
      "To help would be a great adventure"

EL_PRESEDENTE is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      well tbh i knew my exchange was llu but till today i didnt know i was on orange 5mbit, well mainly as i was connecting at 608kbps.

it doesnt realy say speedy llu fun to me.

but well i cancelled my broaband as tommorow is the billing date by all accounts orange have said 10 days including time for the line to go quiet so we shall soon see.

and maybe i just got a duffer of a call centre worker.

i thought i was on the standard 512k uncapped ipstream as i was when they was freeserve i guess things changed at some point
      and because sky are using ipstream you cant transfer your adsl to them if your on a llu,
      Last edited by EL_PRESEDENTE; 20-08-06 at 06:20 PM.

NewsreadeR is offline Site Founder
      Exchange: Marshalls Cross
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Blog Entries
      Quote Originally Posted by EL_PRESEDENTE View Post
      well tbh i knew my exchange was llu but till today i didnt know i was on orange 5mbit, well mainly as i was connecting at 608kbps.

it doesnt realy say speedy llu fun to me.

but well i cancelled my broaband as tommorow is the billing date by all accounts orange have said 10 days including time for the line to go quiet so we shall soon see.

and maybe i just got a duffer of a call centre worker.

i thought i was on the standard 512k uncapped ipstream as i was when they was freeserve i guess things changed at some point
      Welcome aboard to skyuser.co.uk EL_PRESEDENTE,

Nice to see you have taken the plunge to SKY BB, i am sure that you wont regret, please keep us informed on how you get on, as this is a learning curve for all of us

~ Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience ~

Follow us on Twitter @skyuser

Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      thanks for the welcome and yeah i will regale you with stories of triumph or maybe woe (i hope not)

tbh i cant see them doing anything bad as ive had a permenant connection here for 3 years only been down twice and the first time was the cat eating through the rj11 cable guess its what happens to loose wires and a mad moggy

so my standards are pretty high but only time shall see.

hope to be back soon <--- caw pirates

LNB
      LNB is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Padgate LVPAD
      Broadband ISP: Connect at 5 per month
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

There is another way you know!

Zen internet will accept an LLU MAC code and submit it manually to BT and allow you to migrate onto their IPstream (provided you don't live in Rochdale - they have unbundled there!), you could then get a BT MAC code and spend with SKY. Obviously make sure you aren't tied to any lengthy contracts before taking this option but as far as I know they will not charge for inbound migration, and you would migrate in on a monthly contract. A pity other ISP's will not take this approach of manually processing LLU MAC codes instead of relying on automated processes. Come on SKY!
      Service recovery 02392 899292

You got 3 right!
      D'oh! Not good, dude.

Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      welll after cancelling my adsl with orange and then on thursday last week my modem light stop even flashing this meaning it had been turned off i phoned sky on moday gave them my bnd number and they said modem would be here in 3-7 days anyway i just got it this morning so thats 3 days but i havent recieved a letter with activation dates or account details was it in the parcel that came with the router ? or seperate as the postmans been this morn and no sky letters im thinking of giving them a ring see whats happening.

and after reading some of the storys on here about how the routers are not sent out till after you normally get a little im a bit wiered out .... but in a nice way (GGAAAWWW JIMLAD)

mrmojo is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Base
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      I don't believe you can do a LLU-->LLU swap even with a LLU MAC code. The only way sky could do it would be to pay two activations, plus a months IPstream and do two migrations.

BTs processes still are not up to scratch on LLU IMO.

Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      ah tbh were past that stage now fortunatly was a little bit annoyed that in this modern world where i can order a pizza and get it delivered in 45 minutes or get shopping delivered to my door in 24 hours or pc hardware delivered in 48 hours with a 40% reduction over a shop.

but i cant change broadband services in less than 3 weeks whats that all about.

but my new question was has anybody recieved there router before they got there letters?