Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Lost broadband connectivity

This is a discussion on Lost broadband connectivity within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Just come back off 2 weeks holiday and my non Sky Netgear DGN3500 would not connect. Put my older Sky ...

heyho is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 0113
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Lost broadband connectivity

Just come back off 2 weeks holiday and my non Sky Netgear DGN3500 would not connect. Put my older Sky Sagem router back on and get a flashing orange light which disappears for a while then flashes again.

Rang Sky at about 1pm on Saturday. Although the engineer was very nice and professional we went through the 'usual' noddies guide (including taking off my master socket face plate and plugging into the main socket). Finally it was decided after testing from Skys end it was likely to be an issue at the exchange. Waited 48 hours, heard nothing so rang back. This time I made the mistake of saying 'well the voice is also very noisy'. So now, after a load more testing where they dropped the speed and ascertained the router was trying to connect but couldn't it is now a noise problem and an Openreach engineer (god bless BT) has been booked to come to the house (with the disclaimer it could cost me 100+) on Wednesday.

Where do I stand regards compensation here? I'm actually on 24x7 on-call with my job and need to be able to dial in.

Let's be honest someone has buggered around with the exchange (or en-route) and a few tweaks of the cabling will sort this out. Nicely coincided with upgrades to our main exchange.

2. Advertisement
      tenar is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Newcastle NINE
      Broadband ISP: sky fibre max
      Router: Sky Q Hub ER110
      Sky TV: none
      Thanks

Re: Lost broadband connectivity

as its a non commercial line no compensation for work but can maybe get refund for time down

NewsreadeR is offline Site Founder
      Exchange: Marshalls Cross
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

Re: Lost broadband connectivity

Where do I stand regards compensation here? I'm actually on 24x7 on-call with my job and need to be able to dial in.
      I wouldn't even mention that to Sky, Sky Broadband is a residential only service, depending on if that person who takes your complaint is a jobsworth or not, you could lose your Broadband altogether, if you try to ask for any compensation.

~ Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience ~

Follow us on Twitter @skyuser