Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Like Tree3Likes

Sky blocking access to Netload.in ???

This is a discussion on Sky blocking access to Netload.in ??? within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Has anyone else noticed that they can't access Netload.in anymore or have intermittent access ???? Seems to me that they ...

slickric21 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Eacos
      Broadband ISP: Plusnet Fibre
      Router: Netgear 3800 DD-WRT
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Sky blocking access to Netload.in ???

Has anyone else noticed that they can't access Netload.in anymore or have intermittent access ????

Seems to me that they are doing more of the same tricks they used to do with blocking access to Rapidshare and other sites
      as discussed a long time ago here

Not sure if any other those "tricks" work on netload (the https or hostfile editing)

Edit should add access to the site is ok, just not downloading any files with a premuim account, returns the message "access denied"

2. Advertisement
      NewsreadeR is offline Site Founder
      Exchange: Marshalls Cross
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

Re: Sky blocking access to Netload.in ???

I doubt very much Sky are upto any tricks tbh

If it has been blocked, more than likely something that there was something hosted on there is against the lists that are published etc

Or there are genuine network problems, or they have not added the Sky IP ranges etc

Sky do not block sites just to annoy their own customers. It is either genuine reasons or unplanned.

~ Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience ~

Follow us on Twitter @skyuser

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NewsreadeR View Post
      I doubt very much Sky are upto any tricks tbh

If it has been blocked, more than likely something that there was something hosted on there is against the lists that are published etc

Or there are genuine network problems, or they have not added the Sky IP ranges etc

Sky do not block sites just to annoy their own customers. It is either genuine reasons or unplanned.
      Hope not. But seems very familiar to the Rapidshare problems a a couple of years ago.

Just been doing a little bit of searching and seems BT users are affected aswell, theres threads a few forums about it the more i've looked into it.

Contacted Netload and they said that my ISP must be blocking.... but they would say that.
      I'm sure if I contacted Sky they'd say the opposite !!

The general consensus on the BT forums seems to be a Netload problem. I seem to agree.

I've tried the old workarounds of replacing the http with https, and added Netloads IP's to my "hosts" file, but no joy the problem isn't a DNS filtering problem like last time, its something else. The Netload website is accessible and the files visible, just when trying to start the download the "access denied" message appears.

hmmm strange one

Thanks
      Blog Entries

If Sky were blocking it, then why would they allow you to visit the site?

Surely if blocked it would be totally unavailable.

There is a huge thread, whereby people on TalkTalk, Karoo etc are also suffering the same issue, which kind of rules out Sky.

Sky have no interest in blocking sites unless they are on the stop list. Looks more like a configuration error on their website, the fact they are not even responding to their customers' emails is a bad sign on its own.

~ Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience ~

indefatigable is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: BB tech Support + Max
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Sky TV: Sky+HD 2TB
      Thanks

I'd say its probably an IWF issue. The Internet Watch foundation often put out blacklists which BT, Sky, and various other ISPs will follow to the letter. If Netload is on that list, then this may explain it. This means its a Netload issue, and they need to remove whatever offending content they have before it will be unblocked.

thestodge is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Mosborough Sheffield
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by slickric21 View Post
      Hope not. But seems very familiar to the Rapidshare problems a a couple of years ago.

Just been doing a little bit of searching and seems BT users are affected aswell, theres threads a few forums about it the more i've looked into it.

Contacted Netload and they said that my ISP must be blocking.... but they would say that.
      I'm sure if I contacted Sky they'd say the opposite !!

The general consensus on the BT forums seems to be a Netload problem. I seem to agree.

I've tried the old workarounds of replacing the http with https, and added Netloads IP's to my "hosts" file, but no joy the problem isn't a DNS filtering problem like last time, its something else. The Netload website is accessible and the files visible, just when trying to start the download the "access denied" message appears.

hmmm strange one
      maybe strange but signed up earlier to Netload and all my files i had uploaded was "access denied" then then ran TOR and got a new proxy and hey presto all worked fine

looks like sky up to old tricks !!! DEFFO

Thanks

Yeah i read on another forum that it still works if you use TOR.

I didnt have any luck getting TOR to work when I tried it, got a green light but kept getting message "you are not using TOR".

I'll look into it more later.

But if using TOR allows access to download/uploads, what does this indicate as regards who is to blame for this block??? TOR changes your IP address right ?

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

looks like sky up to old tricks !!! DEFFO
      Yes, it looks like some sicko has uploaded some disgusting files which have been reported to IWF. Blame them, the sickos and Netload who have allowed the content, not the ISP. It will stay blocked until Netload take down the offending files. It is unfortunate that innocent users have to suffer, but that's the way it is.
      NewsreadeR likes this.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Thanks
      Blog Entries

On another forum, (which I think you are also on?)
      Working fine with "BE"

Sky & BT are using a proxy to implement the IWF filter
      this is making it look to Netload like they all have the same IP.
      If Sky are using a proxy to implement the IWF filter, then Sky are doing what is requested of them IMO

If that site has been guilty of hosting objectionable material, surely it is up to them to not host it and not then get blocked by proxies?

I know you may not agree with me, but if it is because of the IWF then WELL DONE to Sky for blocking it. No one can defend the undefendable IMO

Maybe that site should put in place filters for such material, and then they wouldn't be found guilty of breaching the IWF lists.

I would bet a tenner that that site, will also more than likely host illegal, copyrighted material as well as some genuine stuff, and so therefore have no pity on them as a network, or the consequences of their failure to police their network properly.

For those that have paid subscriptions, I would be asking for them to be refunded if it were me. And then move to a site whereby they don't allow objectionable material to be hosted.
      Isitme and Wingco like this.

Thanks

Intersting info there about the proxy that BT & Sky are using, id not seen that anywhere, but a few had speculated as much.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast